Powered by Blogger.

so much free time...NOT!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Okay...who put all that stuff back on my 'To Do' list?!

I turn my back for one minute and things magically appear...
It multiplies overnight.
Every time I think I've checked a couple of things off the list - a couple more get added.
Soooo......
To save my sanity, I'm giving up.
There are only a few things that really HAVE to be done before December 2.
  • - Sign the POA forms
  • - Buy Christmas presents for the kids (all four of them! YEA!!)
  • - Get the new bills
  • - Pack
  • - Finish the photo album
That's it.
I'm not doing one more thing.
Nothing else.
Well...okay, just one more...
I now have to go to a basketball tournament the day before we leave.
Okay, okay, okay, okay....I KNOW!
But it's Q-ball's first basketball tournament and we'll miss a lot of games this year.
We NEED to go.
Other than that I'm wide open.
Well...except for all this work stuff.
I have yellow sticky notes all over my computer. I wish I could send you a picture...it's quite funny really. My co-workers make fun of me all the time. You should see it around expo time. My monitor looks like a sunflower! ;)
I'm swamped at work and can't seem to find the motivation to finish anything.
Hmmmmm....I wonder why?!
But other than work stuff and the few items left on my to do list I'm free as a bird...
Okay, there is the small matter of guests for Thanksgiving - eight of them.
But it's Lynda's family...and they're bringing food so that doesn't count.
And then I have Punky's IEP meeting...
one more night of AWANA...
a doctor's appt. to get rid of this yucky cough...
family fun night at church this Sunday...
AND I HAVE TO CLEAN BEFORE MY PARENTS COME!!!
Sigh.
I think I need to revisit that list again.
After all, I only have...

16 DAYS LEFT!!!

7 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 15, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

It must be so hard to concentrate at work during the day when you have so much to get done at home in preparation for your trip. I'm sure when you settle down in your airline seat, you'll let out a big sigh as you will have to sit, relax, read, rest and hopefully sleep for hours and not feel guilty. I hope you have packed two blow-up U shaped pillows, two pairs of ear plugs and two eye masks.

Jim H. November 15, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

What a cool blog! This is very exciting to learn of your journey, and to know that you continue to adopt in the former Soviet Union despite the difficulties. I am much obliged for the informative in encouraging message you left on our blog. I pray for all God's blessings on the new adventure....sounds like it's gonna be a chilly one!

Christina November 15, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

I couldn't stay away any longer... and I can see I've missed a lot! I LOVE the girls' room - that paint color is awesome! I am so excited for you, I can't imagine what a huge trip this will be, not even knowing *who* your little girl is yet!
And I totally understand about the ever-growing list. I was so stressed last year before we went to VN, I felt like the house had to be clean for my parents but i had so much else to do. Just remember, even if you don't get the list done, in 16 days you'll be on your way!! :)

Courtney November 16, 2007 at 8:47 AM  

I am so with you on the work thing! I feel like I'm in limbo with not wanting to get too much stuff started right before I leave, but there are others things I need to FINISH!! And really all I want to do is think about the adoption. ;)

Troy and Rachel November 16, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

16 days!!! I can't wait for you!! I am glad you decided against two blogs and glad you are shortening your to-do list. You want to be rested and ready for your trip. I would go to the game too and enjoy yourself!!

Nataliya November 16, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

My list is multiplying too, I know the feeling :) I think your remaining items are very doable, and of course the basketball tournament is the most important! Isn't it great that you get to go to this tournament? Our SDA appointment is on Nov. 20th, which is exactly 3 years since my son's varsity soccer team won the NY State Tournament, so I do understand the need to go to a tournament a day before you leave...

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM  

It is so miserable until you are sitting on the plane and then it is miserable in a new way until you are at last in your chld's city and then it is miserable in a new way until you are in custody of your child and then.... Well, you get the point. Contentment and thanksgiving. i have to remind myself 1,000,000,000 times a day!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP