Powered by Blogger.

this, that and the other thing

Monday, November 26, 2007

We are spending these last few precious days, doing a lot of little things...playing catch-up.

I'm making lists...
crossing things off...
and then making a new list so I can read my list.
Have I mentioned I like lists?
All of the big stuff is pretty much taken care of ...but it's the little things that'll get ya.
Thankfully most of my big jobs at work have either been completed, or farmed out. There is just too little time, too much to do and thankfully my boss (old and new) and co-workers understand I just don't need the stress right now.
I just have one HUGE project left...but I can handle it. I have two more days to get it finished. That's enough time, it's just going to take Herculean effort.
Or maybe the effort of Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Which one is the girl?
Just call me her.
In between work there are the multiple trips to Wa!-Mart. I am convinced we are single-handedly keeping that place in business. We have been there everyday this week...
Both of us.
Multiple times.
And did you know that the closer you get to a big trip, the more you realize you need to take with you?
Silly stuff...
like toilet paper and ziplock bags.
And power converters.
I have three. I just bought another one yesterday.
I know what you're thinking...does she really need THREE?!
I think so. Really, I do.
I'll need one for the computer. And two more for any items we want to have running at the same time. Like a hair dryer and curling iron.
See...there's a method.
Speaking of madness...
I finally finished the photo album and Meshack is half way through wrapping Christmas presents. Do you know how hard it is to buy Christmas presents for a child you've never met, have no idea of the age of and aren't even convinced it's going to be a girl?!
The poor child is going to have to wait until we get home for most of her presents (assuming it's a her). Santa has promised to drop off a couple of books and a stuffed animal in Ukraine, but I'm hoping Meshack and the kids can find the time to go shopping for her after he gets home.
We'll see how that works out.
And have I told you that the mom-mobile has decided now is the time to nickle and dime us?! It is only four years old for heaven's sake, but in the last week the heater went out, we had to buy a new battery, the airbag light keeps going on and now I have a tire that chronically loses air!
UGH!
I may have to ask my Dad to have the tire checked. It holds air for a couple of days before the indicator light goes on, so I'm hoping he will have time to take it in to have it worked on while we're gone.
Sigh.
Let's see, what else...

Oh yes...
The furnace still needs to have the part replaced, but Meshack can't get in touch with the heating/air guy so we can get the part ordered.
I finally finished the Christmas letter...let me know if you want a copy, but I haven't gotten it printed yet because our home printer decided to quit too. Meshack picked one up on Black Friday, but we haven't found the time to hook it up yet.
I'm starting to really pack.
Really.
That means washing clothes that we want to take and having to wear ugly clothes to work because I have to take the pretty ones (relatively speaking) with me to Ukraine! :)
Is anyone else tired yet?
Oh yeah, and we only have...

5 DAYS LEFT!!

10 salty messages:

Kathy and Matt November 27, 2007 at 3:40 PM  

Another list lover!
I live by mine.

Can't wait to follow your trip. I'll be praying that you find your beautiful little girl.

Courtney November 27, 2007 at 3:58 PM  

I'm right there with you! Except I'm having panic attacks about shoes. ;) BTW, the three power converters might be a bit excessive...a lot of the places in Ukraine could never handle the electrical pull of a computer and a hair dryer and a curling iron without blowing a fuse. I'd recommend using one at a time. :) :) Besides, it's awfully hard to blowdry your hair and curl it at the same time, don't you think? ;)

Tami November 27, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Ach! The curling iron has to warm up WHILE I'm blow drying my hair! ;) Alright, I'll return the converter. I'm going back to Wa!-Mart tonight anyway.

Lisa November 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM  

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm so glad you mentioned the power converter, because I had FORGOTTEN to get it out of my carryon from last trip that I am not taking this time! I would have been SO unhappy if I couldn't recharge my camera batteries!!

Tina in CT November 27, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

Since it most likely will be quite cold (judging from when I was in Moscow 3 years ago for Christmas and how cold it was), you'll be all bundled up with a hat, hood and neck scarf.

Don't stress out as it'll all work out.

I bet the Walmart greeters know you both by sight by now!

Tina in CT November 27, 2007 at 5:15 PM  

I just went to your home page and clicked on the email link in the left column and got an error message so it didn't work.

Tami November 27, 2007 at 5:55 PM  

Email me at

sixsunflowerseeds at yahoo dot com

Debbie November 27, 2007 at 7:32 PM  

Wow! Hugs to you! I'm so excited for you--I'll be praying! Four more days...

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 28, 2007 at 4:01 AM  

Doesn't it seem like anything bought on "Black Friday" should be highly suspect. I don't know where that name came from. I've learned a lot watching so much FOX news while here but no one has explained that one yet.

Lindy November 28, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

I could almost hear you panting.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP