Powered by Blogger.

too much to do

Friday, November 2, 2007

Good news.
I survived the shot.
It was a little touch and go for awhile...
but the Tootsie Pop saved the day.
(Actually, I got two for being such a big girl! ;) )
Check.
Check.
That's the sound of two more items getting crossed off the list.

  • - Get flu shot - check.
  • - Buy Punky's birthday gifts - check.
Yep...finished that one up tonight as well.
Unfortunately all of this great progress is coming to a grinding halt tomorrow.
I'm babysitting...six kids.
My best friend called tonight and asked if I could watch her children while she goes Christmas shopping with her husband.
I wanted to check another item off the list tomorrow...
- Paint Punky and Maddie's room
Sigh.
There's no way I can watch eight kids (Q-ball is going to the K-State football game with Meshack - GO CATS!) and get that bedroom painted.
Soooo...It will have to wait until next Saturday. I'm still hoping I can get something done. Perhaps...
- finish addressing Christmas cards and
- finish Christmas letter
or the biggie...
- Get one set of each size clothes out of storage for Maddie (this way I'll know what size to have Meshack pull out of storage when he comes home after court.)
Either way, it's not going to be as productive of a weekend as I had hoped.
I need to be careful how I phrase this because my friend reads my blog. Honest, Lynda...
I'm not bitter or anything. Just disappointed.
I know she would do the same for me in a heartbeat...that's what best friends are for.
It's just that right now I'm haggard, run-down and overwhelmed.
And I'm quickly running out of time to get things done.
I only have a few weeks left of just being a family of five...
I haven't been able to spend any quality time with my kids lately..
And my house is a WRECK!
And to top it all off, while I was typing this my counter reminded me that I only have...


29 DAYS LEFT!!!

7 salty messages:

kate November 3, 2007 at 11:01 AM  

i think the clothes option sounds like the most fun. ;> painting a room doesn't take that long. (i'm an expert having painted not only all of my houses, but MANY rooms in my friends' houses...) maybe Sunday afternoon?

maybe you need to add
breathe
relax
enjoy the anticipation
to your list...

Nataliya November 3, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

Tami, you are not alone, my house is a wreck too :) I have a "clean the house" item on my list, but I'm not sure I'll get to cross it off :)

You still have 29 days, so you'll be able to finish all the biggies, I'm sure!

Troy and Rachel November 4, 2007 at 7:05 AM  

I hate shots also and practically cry every time I have to get one!! 29 days - how exciting!! Can't wait until it's 1!!

Debbie November 4, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

Ooo--29 days! I'm on pins and needles. Not that you're not...oh, except for the needles part! ;-)

I'll keep praying and will second Kate's suggestion to breathe, relax, and enjoy the anticipation!

Breathe...

Christine November 4, 2007 at 10:23 PM  

Don't sweat the small stuff as my husband always says. I'm sure you'll get it done. ;)

DoveFamily November 5, 2007 at 6:17 AM  

Hope you were able to get lots done this weekend. Don't worry, you'll get the major things done!

Good luck with your To Do list.

Lucia November 5, 2007 at 6:49 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PUNKY!!!
Tami, I too have the "nesting" thing going on. My sister-in-law is coming over Friday (I am taking off work for a mental day!) to help clean the girls' bedrooms and the office. I did get the rest of the house cleaned this weekend! YEAH GOD!! Let's just hope it stays that way!

I have finally started my packing list and we haven't even gotten our appt date yet!

Kate, I need to add your suggestions to my list! :o)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP