Thursday, November 1, 2007
I checked a couple more things off the list in the last couple of days.
I bought a photo album, ordered pictures and have started working on putting it all together.
MoscowMom has graciously offered to translate everything into Russian for me, so I'm quickly trying to get the list of pictures together for her...but I'm not sure I'm going to get it accomplished. I sure do appreciate the offer though!
I also checked with the bank on the money situation this afternoon. I'm not sure what to make of this conversation...
- Me - 'My husband and I are getting ready to complete an international adoption. We will be cleaning out our account in the next few weeks and need to have the good, clean, new-looking bills in $20s, $50s and $100s. Who do I need to talk to about getting these bills ordered?"
- Teller - "I don't think we're going to be able to help you."
- Me - Dumbfounded - "Can you tell me why?"
- Teller - "I do the money ordering and we are not able to get brand new bills."
- Me - "The bills don't have to be brand new. Just in good shape...new-like. The $20s you just gave me from your drawer would be just fine...there are no visible folds, marks or tears."
- Teller - "I just don't think we'll be able to get that much new cash for you."
- She looks at me.
- I look at her.
- Me - "Sooooo...what do you suggest I doooo."
Eventually she pointed me in the direction of the bank manager, who was very polite and helpful. Thank goodness...I don't think I would have been held responsible for my actions if I had to deal with that teller one more minute! It's a bank for heaven's sake - where else am I supposed to get the money? The adoption fairy?!
They certainly don't deserve any gold stars.
But I think I do.
Tomorrow I check one more thing off the list...
It's a biggie.
The flu shot.
Pray for me.
I think I'm going to need it.