Powered by Blogger.

FAQ

Monday, December 31, 2007

1. Will you post her picture after court or after the 10 day waiting period?

I'm not sure. Nobody actually said we couldn't post her picture...I just don't want to do anything to tick anyone off. I'm thinking after court I can share a pic. So mark your calendars for Jan. 10th! You're really missing out ya know. She's a cutie! :) Although all of my co-workers were quick to ask what size she wore - they want to get her out of the orphanage fatigues as quickly as possible.

2. How long will you have to be in Ukraine this time?

I don't know. Meshack is going to go to court, spend a day with us and then skedaddle back to the three kids at home. He won't even be there a week. (The kids really need to have at least one of us here - this whole thing has been incredibly rough on them - I think it's bringing up some emotions and questions they just don't understand) I will probably end up spending another three weeks in the country. Sigh. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it - but I'll post about that another day. I'll have to wait 10 days for the court order to go into effect, then wait at least a couple more days for the birth certificate and passport. Once we get those we can head back to Kiev to go to the Embassy. Then we can leave Kiev for home.

3. Which orphanage is Maddie from?

Odessa Orphanage #1. I have been impressed with the orphanage so far. The director was friendly and straight forward and while we haven't been able to spend much time with Maddie and haven't seen her living conditions, it looks as if she's been well taken care of.

Any other questions out there?

3 salty messages:

Gail,  January 1, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

I hope you have a safe trip and I WILL be back on the 10th to see your adorable little girl.
Gail

Christine January 2, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Sorry to hear that you'll be in Ukraine for so long by yourself. But you never know, the judge could waive the 10 days. :)

Nataliya January 2, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

I agree, it's much better for the kids to have at least one parent home. But even though you'll be in Odessa by yourself, it's a big city with a lot of options, so hopefully it won't be very hard for you.

I sent you my Ukrainian phone number via e-mail, hopefully we'll get together in Odessa!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP