Powered by Blogger.

good news

Friday, December 28, 2007

I was going to post the first of a series of profiles today, but guess what?

WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!!

And it's only a little over 10 days away!
January 10th.
AAAAAAAGH!!!
I don't know how we're going to do it!
We have to find tickets...
and then find a way to pay for them.
Find someone to take care of the kids,
notify our employers...again...
There is a laundry list a mile long with stuff to do.
Oh yeah...I almost forgot the most important part...
WE GOT PICTURES!!!
No....sorry, I can't share, for now. But can I tell you again just how cute she is?!
And I think the kids finally believe she's real.

34 salty messages:

Anonymous,  December 29, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

Congrats on a court date. Somehow, someway everything will get done. Don't you wish money trees could be grown. I'd have a few in my backyard! Best wishes! Stefanie

Nataliya December 29, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

Tami, that's such a good news! What a great New Year's present!

Good luck in finding affordable tickets and finishing your "to-do" list!

Kathy and Matt December 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

Congrats on getting your court date! Isn't it crazy how things change so fast with this process?

Praying that you can get everything rescheduled easily.

Our SDA appt is 1/23 so if you're in Kiev that week, it would be fun to connect.

Waitingonmyua2 December 29, 2007 at 10:51 AM  

Tami - Please email me with your address. I have some grivna (not much - enough for lunch) that I want to stick the the mail for you. Beth waitingonmyua2 at hotmail dot com - or my mail email addy if you still have it.

Kim December 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM  

Wow! That was quick. How very exciting. I am so happy for you that things are now falling into place for your family.

Debbie December 29, 2007 at 11:29 AM  

Hooray! Hooray! I'll be praying for you! And it's a good thing you got a picture of Maddie...now the kids can stop thinking you're pulling a fast one on them, that she's akin to the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny... I just have to smile. And I can't wait to see her. :-)

Carrie December 29, 2007 at 11:45 AM  

Oh My, Congratulations! What a way to start off the new year. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you can pull everything together quickly and easily.

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 29, 2007 at 11:47 AM  

Ok, THAT was incredibly fast! How awesome. Remember, breathe deeply! YAHOO! Maddie is comin' home!

Natalie December 29, 2007 at 12:39 PM  

Congrats! Very excited to hear your good news.

Pictures: bonus!!!

lookingforgeorge December 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

Yay! How exciting. Nerve wracking, I'm sure, but wonderful! Congratulations. You're almost done now . . .

John & Lucia,  December 29, 2007 at 1:24 PM  

Congratulations! I am so happy that things are working out for you and your little Maddie! We'll be praying that all the arrangements are made quickly.
Blessing for a beautiful new year!
Lucia

Christine December 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM  

This is so awesome Tami! How long do you think you'll be gone this time?

Karissa December 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Congratulations, on your court date!!! How exciting! You will have us all salivating in front of our computers again on January eleventh waiting for your fist post as a mother of FOUR!!!!

Is Eight Enough? December 29, 2007 at 3:18 PM  

Yippee Kye YAY!!!

Dying to see pictures!!! Too bad you live so far from me. I am taking a road trip in April/May and am stopping in to see all the adoptive parents I have gotten to know. You HAD to live WAY down in Kansas!!

Troy and Rachel December 29, 2007 at 3:56 PM  

Yippee!! I am so happy you will be going back for Maddie so soon!!

Christina December 29, 2007 at 4:33 PM  

What an awesome day!!!! Congratulations on the court date, I'm so excited for you! And hooray for pictures!

pearly1979 December 29, 2007 at 6:51 PM  

Hi, found your blog through Christine's. In November of 2003 we adopted a Nastya who was three years old and turning four in February. :) The similarity made me smile. We adopted from Kazakhstan. She is now going on 8 and such a joy. Good luck getting your flights and every thing arranged. Can't wait to read more!

Sarah
http://taylorvortex.blogspot.com/

Shelley December 29, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

Congratulations! So is your husband going to stay with you during the wait now or is he making a quick trip to Ukraine for court & then coming home?

Gail,  December 29, 2007 at 7:13 PM  

Congratulations on the next trip!! You can send the kids out to me in Garden City. LOL
Gail

Karen G,  December 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

I know you weren't worried at all -it's just not in your nature! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to meet her, and I know Punky will be Sooo excited. You and Meshack are in my prayers.

Anonymous,  December 29, 2007 at 8:16 PM  

Yay Hooooo! Wow! I thought we were at the part of that roller coaster of yours where you're chugging slowly on, climbing the ascent. I didn't realize it dropped out so quickly here! You're picking up speed down the hill now--hold on to that Pepto!!! Hooray indeed on the court date!

Kelly December 29, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Wow Tami, congratulations!!!!!! I've been following your blog, what a wild ride!!! But God knows what He is doing - even in the timing and the things that seem crazy to us. I will be so happy to see those photos! :-)

kate December 30, 2007 at 12:37 AM  

WOW!! Can you say "FAST"?? Would love to have a picture in my e-mail box...

Tina in CT December 30, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

Hopefully by now you've found good fares back to the Ukraine next week.

What a late Christmas gift you received to have such a fast court date.

I'm sure your friends have jumped in to take the kids even if they go to different families.

The next week will be a whirlwind for you with the long list to whittle down but you'll do it and then let out a sigh as you settle down in your airline seat.

Looking forward to reading your upcoming blogs and seeing a picture of Maddie.

Happy New Year!

DoveFamily December 30, 2007 at 3:39 PM  

Will you post pictures after court or after the 10 day wait?

April December 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

Yaaayyyy!! We are so excited for you guys! Good luck getting everything ready! I guess we won't be there the same time as you... but that is a great thing, isn't it?! :) ♥ ya!

Amy K-S crew December 31, 2007 at 8:26 AM  

That's FANTASTIC news!! We're so happy for you guys! One step at a time, everything will work out.

Anonymous,  December 31, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

Wow, that was fast! Maddie will be coming home soon!! The end is in sight. Soon you'll all be settling down to family life together.

MoscowMom December 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

Congratulations!!!! What fantastic news! Can't wait to see her cute little face.

espe,  December 31, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

Congratulations and Happy New Year!
Don't worry you'll get everything done and more importantly you will get YOUR MADDIE!!!!

Kevin and Krista January 1, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

How exciting! I am so glad that Maddie will be home with her family soon. Could it be a Ukraine adoption if there wasn't heart attack inducing drama involved? God is so good though. I can't believe all that you have been through in the last few weeks.

Praying for a very unstressful second trip.

:) Krista

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP