Powered by Blogger.

home sweet home

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ahhhh...
We're home.
We got in late Sunday afternoon to a very chilly Kansas City (there's more snow here than in Kiev)...
But we got a very warm welcome from three great kids...
Oh, and a dad and brother too! ;)

It's good to be home.
Yesterday was spent sleeping, playing, trying to put everything away...
Oh...and shoveling.
After Mom, Dad and the kids left we got another eight inches of snow, so Meshack and my brother hauled all of our luggage in from where we parked across the street, up the driveway through the snow and into the middle of my living room.
This morning Q-ball helped his dad shovel the drive and sidewalks.
While they were doing that I was throwing everything in the fridge out.
Since there was no electricity for the better part of a week - everything had to go.
Not so bad really...the fridge and freezer needed cleaning anyway.
Oh...And I've already done five loads of laundry.
Can I tell you how much I love my dryer?!
I will never complain about it again.
I promise.
Oh, I've also been doing a lot of cooking.
I had almost forgotten about our traditional Christmas Eve meal - everything Russian. And while I really could do with a nice, traditional American home-cooked meal, it will have to wait until Tuesday.
I sent Meshack to the store for the ingredients for our favorite meal out of our trusty little 'Please to the Table' Russian/Ukranian cookbook. We're having stuffed meatloaf, garlic baked mashed potatoes and a green bean dish that I can't pronounce.
Next year I think we'll try to add borsch.
If there's one thing I've learned on this trip (and believe me there are many lessons learned)...it's that borsch isn't so bad.
If you can find the right recipe.
The kids have enjoyed hearing about their new (not so baby) sister.
Unfortunately we still don't have a photo. Still a long story. I promise to tell you soon...I just have a lot of other stuff to do, like hug my kids, eat chocolate and sleep.
I'm slowly going through my memory bank, typing stuff up for you so you'll get all caught up soon.
I promise.
In the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas.
------------------------
P.S. - Yes, I know this is an outdated photo of our house, but there was no way I was going out in the freezing temps and deep snow just to take a new picture. Not even for you my beloved blogging buddies. I love you...but not THAT much! ;)

4 salty messages:

Kathy and Matt December 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

I am so thrilled to hear your news about finding Maddie and also to know that you're home with your other children for Christmas.

Enjoy this wonderful holiday!
Can't wait to read the details when you go back for Maddie!

Is Eight Enough? December 25, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Merry Christmas!!!

Love your house!!

Waiting... waiting.... *grin*

Have an awesome family time and then know that your fan base is waiting "patiently" for your story... *grin*

Nataliya December 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM  

Oh, I'm so glad you are finally home! I can relate to the snowfall - we've got enough snow too!

Enjoy your dryer and have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous,  December 26, 2007 at 8:28 AM  

So glad you're home!

And I really liked the house picture - green grass, blue sky, blooming flowers......!

-Melinda

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP