Powered by Blogger.

meeting notes

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We had a good day today.
A very good day.
It was busy, non-stop...but it was a good kind of busy.
The kind of busy that may have helped us find Maddie.
Our meeting with the SDA was very productive. It was a quick meeting. I don't think we were in there a half an hour. But we didn't need to be in there long.
We think we've found Maddie.
We're going to be meeting a three year old girl, who is as cute as a button but has a few medical items on her record (one of them could be serious).
We're taking Dr. Yuri with us to examine her and give us his assessment, just to be safe.
But we're feeling pretty good about it.
Our referral letter won't be ready until Thursday evening.
And then we'll head out first thing on Friday morning for the Vinnysta region.
And the best part?
It's only three hours away...
by CAR! ;)
Don't worry...after we meet her and we know for sure what is going to happen, I'll fill you in completely. Including the cool stuff God did during the meeting.
Just hang in there a little while longer. ;)

17 salty messages:

Lindy December 5, 2007 at 3:21 PM  

You can't imagine what a thrill it was to read the words: "We think we've found Maddie." Wow, incredible. It's really real now. After all those months of chasing paper work and all that other stuff - you're almost there. You will meet her soon. Awesome.

I can't wait to hear more!!!

ColleenD December 5, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

Tami:

I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about Maddie. I will be praying for only good news from Dr. Yuri. As long as it's Maddie you visit, everything will turn out all right!

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 5, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

We'll be praying God brings the needed clarity for your big decision!

Waitingonmyua2 December 5, 2007 at 4:29 PM  

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I hope all goes well and I can't wait to hear more. If you see Courtney or talk to her please tell her I am DYING to hear how her SDA appt. went.
Can't wait to meet Maddie! hugs, B

Julie December 5, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

!!!!!!! You're killing me here! I can't wait to hear what God did! That is amazing news. I am so happy for you and pray that all goes well with Dr. Yuri's check-up. God is so good!!

jessy December 5, 2007 at 5:12 PM  

I have been checking screen every twenty minutes! WOW! I'm so excited to hear. I will pray that things will work out with this referral.

Shelley December 5, 2007 at 6:02 PM  

I was so thrilled to read "We think we found Maddie"....how wonderful! Sounds like the decision seemed clear. We'll keep our fingers crossed for a good report from Dr. Yuri & the clarity for you & your hubby that you have indeed found your daughter.

Shelly December 5, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

Sooooo excited for you, Tami!!! Can't wait to hear how this week goes for you!!!

~Shelly

Kevin and Krista December 5, 2007 at 7:48 PM  

That is so exciting! Praying she is the one.

:) Krista

Missy December 5, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear the rest!

Kathy and Matt December 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

Such great news! I'm so glad to hear your appointment went so well and that you're feeling good about the little girl you're going to meet.

Prayers will continue for a great first meeting with her and nothing but good news from Dr. Yuri.

The O'Haras December 5, 2007 at 10:04 PM  

So good to be able to meet up with other families in your same situation, it is always encouraging. It is a bond that spans the globe and you instantly can relate even if you have nothing else in common. The SDA folks were great to us and as you said, things appear to go smoothly there, of course it could be all the prayers that are being offered up. Looking forward to more details and possibly even a picture. Lord Bless.

Rachael December 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM  

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

And, what!? No train!?

Debbie December 5, 2007 at 11:08 PM  

WOW! I am thrilled! I can't wait to hear what God did in the appointment--and how He led you to Maddie. I'll continue praying for you and that He will show you whether this little one is indeed the long-awaited Maddie. I have to echo Julie: God is so good!! :-)

Christine December 6, 2007 at 12:07 AM  

Glad to hear things went so well.
Hopefully the medical issues turn out to be nothing. Can't wait to hear more!

kate December 6, 2007 at 5:28 AM  

I'm SO excited to hear the cool God stuff and to hear if you've really met Maddie. Tomorrow's the day! I'll be praying.

Steffie B. December 6, 2007 at 5:30 AM  

Can't wait to hear more news!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP