Powered by Blogger.

the wait begins

Friday, December 7, 2007

We've made a decision.
We're going to wait for the little girl.
For some reason, none of the other children really 'spoke' to us like that little girl.
So we're waiting.
We have no idea how long of a wait it will be...probably at least until the middle of next week.
Not too long in the big scheme of things...but an eternity for right now.
We want nothing more than to go and find Maddie...
Let her know we're here...
And that we care.
I am aching to hold her and comfort her just as I would any of my children.
But I can't do that.
I have to sit here in our Kiev apartment...
And wait.
Have I told you, I hate waiting?
I thought so! ;)

23 salty messages:

Lindy December 7, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

That does seem like an eternity, to wait almost a whole week to see Maddie when you were supposed to see her today!

I'm glad to hear of your decision; I think my heart is with that little girl, too. I hope everything goes smoothly from now on, and it won't be long before you're all headed home.

Thinking of you always.

Kathy and Matt December 7, 2007 at 11:42 AM  

I'm so glad that you were able to make a decision that you feel comfortable with - God is so good. From your earlier posts, it seemed like she was "the one"
I can imagine how hard this wait will be - this whole process often seems like hurry up and wait.
Maybe you can explore a bit around Kiev while you wait and take home some extra memories from there.

We'll be praying for her fast healing and for you to be able to meet her and hold her soon.

Thanks for updating all of us.

Debbie December 7, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

Praise God! We have been praying for you. I know the wait will be hard, so I'll keep praying. Big hugs to you!!

Shelley December 7, 2007 at 12:39 PM  

Tammi,
Glad to hear that you were given other options...and especially glad to hear that you have made the decision that you feel you were led to make. Hopefully, your week of waiting will go by fast & you will soon be holding your little girl in your arms.

Tina in CT December 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM  

This is the decision I thought you'd make and Maddie is a very lucky little girl. Once she is back home, she will be getting the best medical care available and meshing into the family.

I am sure the time seems forever until you three get to meet.

Anonymous,  December 7, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

To *think* how much she'll love hearing this story told time and time again in the time to come. "But you waited for me, didn't you Mommy? You just knew I was your little girl, didn't you Daddy?" And you'll smile, hug her, and tell her again that though that wait was so very hard that she was worth every minute and you'd wait ever so much longer just for her. I'm just a mom who has been eagerly reading, following your story for awhile, and praying for you! God bless you during this very stressful time---and she's worth it!

Julie December 7, 2007 at 1:03 PM  

Praise God! I am so glad that he is leading you to this little girl. We will pray for supernatural, speedy healing for her, as well as for a smooth and speedy remainder of your experience. I am aching for you as you wait. You have been on my heart today and in my prayers, Tami!
Love, Julie

ColleenD December 7, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

It is so obvious that God is guiding you in your efforts.

I was almost tempted to start my comment with "Oh no, I think you're making the wrong decision." I would only do that to show how foreign and false it would sound.

God has shown you His will and you are obviously following it. I won't promise you a smooth path from here on out but I can promise joy, grace and amazing peace.

MamaPoRuski December 7, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

Congratulations! Thank you for your example of hope and faith! We will pray for your journey! God Bless!

Waitingonmyua2 December 7, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

Tami, God must have some stuff to do with you and your hubby this week. Rest in him and let him do that work. Go see the caves, the churches, pray for the people of Ukraine in their churches, stand in Independence Square and offer a prayer for me there, go to lunch, visit the historical sites, etc. I wish I'd been thinking and would have sent you some money to pick up a couple of matryoshka dolls for me. LOL

Anyway, please know I'm continuing to pray for you and for Maddie's healing. I hope the week goes by quickly and will pray that you are able to see her even sooner than you expect.

Thinking of you constantly.

Troy and Rachel December 7, 2007 at 1:43 PM  

I am so glad you made your decision - what a lucky little girl. We'll be anxious to hear how you are and how she is when you can finally see her.

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

I'm so glad you have peace with your decision. That is the signature I look for when I am trying to discern the will of God. We'll pray the wait will go quickly for you. It is SO hard being away from home. We are in our last hours of a month long seperation and I literally ACHE to be with my daughters again.

John & Lucia,  December 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Tami, I am so glad that you followed your heart. She is one lucky little girl! Praying that your week will go quickly. Take this time to be with Meschack and make the most of it with the love of your life.

Anonymous, what a beautiful post!

Gail,  December 7, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

I do understand how terrible waiting is. I hope they let you see Maddie soon.
Hang in there!!
Gail

Esther December 7, 2007 at 5:28 PM  

Oh good heavens! You are going thru so much. I"ll be sending up prayers for you.

Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a nice comment! My blog has gone private now. If you would like an invite to read, please email me at
sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com

Hugs, Esther

Anonymous,  December 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM  

Oh I am so pleased to hear that Tami!! I'll be praying for you & her!!!
Kate
http://aspecialfamily.wordpress.com

adopting2fromUkraine December 7, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

It seems long now, especially after all the getting ready to go, but later it won't matter.

We just may see you in Kiev after all. We arrive on Monday around 11:30 or so. The rest of us Groupies you left behind have a dinner date depending on when we leave. You may be getting a call;)

Pam & Paul,  December 7, 2007 at 8:18 PM  

If you guys are still in town- please join the 'second week' group for dinner at O'Panas- Wed 12th @ 7pm

Leslie December 8, 2007 at 12:28 AM  

Preach it, sister! Waiting is the worst! I'm so glad you have found peace about your decision. God will straighten the paths from here. Walk closely to Him.

kate December 8, 2007 at 1:10 AM  

this is just a drop in the bucket compared to what you've already waited. enjoy kyiv while you can. take lots of pictures for maddie for later.

and this does make a wonderful chapter to her story. ;>

adoptedthree December 8, 2007 at 6:58 AM  

What a lucky little girl!

She will be worth every minute of the wait.

((warm hugs))

Is Eight Enough? December 8, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

Tami,

I am excited to hear your decision. Just reading the comments brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful life story your little one will have!! Enjoy the 'week off' - just think how much blogging you can do while you are waiting!! We can get more details from you *smile* And you can catch up on all your blogs! Praying that all goes smoothly and you get to see her sooner than expected!

Kim December 8, 2007 at 12:18 PM  

Good for you. I am very glad that you are going to follow your hearts and wait to meet the little girl that quickly found her way in there. I hope all goes well and that the next week passes quickly for you.

You and this little girl are in my prayers.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP