Powered by Blogger.

WE'VE FOUND MADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Can you believe it?!!!
We've found our little girl!!!!
It still doesn't seem quite real.
After 321 days of paperchasing, waiting, praying and searching, we finally found our Maddie.
She is a little 3-year-old (facilitator had the wrong age) brown haired, brown eyed beauty in the Odessa region. And the issues that we had feared would be huge, are so small you can hardly notice them.
Now all we have to do is bring her home.
And get a picture of her...
long story...really long.
I'll fill you in later.
But first, since today is our last full day, we have some errands to run.
Yep, we're still coming home.
We thought about having Meshack go home to be with the kids for the holidays and then returning for court, but it looks like we won't go to court until after the Orthodox Christmas...so I'm coming home too.
That way I can save some vacation for when we bring Maddie home and I'll have a chance to rest.
Sigh.
I'm coming home...
And I've found my little girl.
It doesn't get much better than that.

30 salty messages:

Irina,  December 22, 2007 at 5:04 AM  

I am very glad for you! I have been upset, when you have despaired to find the girl. Now you have an opportunity to present this girl happiness, and you will be fine parents for it. You so long searched for it! Accept my congratulations:)

lookingforgeorge December 22, 2007 at 6:19 AM  

Congratulations! Oh my word! Congratulations! What an amazing story you'll have to tell her when she is older about how you found her, and about how you almost didn't, but you did. You did! I am so very happy for you. Happy tears here.

Anonymous,  December 22, 2007 at 6:51 AM  

I am so glad that your prayers have been answered. There have certainly been many lifted up for you. (mine as well) When you get home and get through the holidays, please give me a call as I would love to chat with you about it.
Love to all,
Gale ( the home study social worker)

Kristen December 22, 2007 at 7:14 AM  

Yeaaaa!! God truly works in amazing ways. And certainly not on our time frame, or in our ways. I am so thrilled for you, and continue to pray for a (now) smooth process to adopt. I am among many praying this, I am sure.
I have been eagerly checking your blog for a while now, while my husband and I try to prepare ourselves for an international adoption experience next year, we think! I'll keep checking in. A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! And safe travels. Congratulations again!

adoptedthree December 22, 2007 at 7:22 AM  

Dreams do come true!!!

Congratulations!

(Are you at the baby house #3?- that is a wonderful orphanage and the Director is terrific!)

Debbie B December 22, 2007 at 7:35 AM  

That's wonderful news. I've been following your journey and am so glad to hear that after this rough time there you have found Maddie.

Have a safe flight home.

John & Lucia,  December 22, 2007 at 7:51 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! God is good!! I have been checking since your last post and praying that you would have good news! What wonderful Christmas presents - to have found your Maddie and to be home with your family for the Holidays! We are all crying tears of joy for you!! Wishing you safe travel home and looking forward to seeing a picture of your new little girl!

kate December 22, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

what amazing news! i can't wait to hear ALL about it.

rejoicing with you.

Shane & Marie December 22, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

How wonderful that you found your little girl. I am so happy that everything ended up working out for you in the end.

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt December 22, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

Wow! What an amazing story! I am so happy for you and your family! This has to be the greatest Christmas present of all this year! I'll be looking forward to reading about your 2nd trip!

Take Care and God Bless!

Is Eight Enough? December 22, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Oh Tami!!! I am SO thrilled. I got up this morning to do the books for the business while everyone was sleeping, but I knew I HAD to see if there was an update!!Thank you LORD! I KNEW He wouldn't leave you on this one!! You have given ME such hope for our story!!! We have had our glitches (I will email you when you are home after Christmas) but seeing you triumph through the trials is so encouraging. I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures!! With all your ups and downs, this has been the most dramatic adoption I have been involved in. LOL!! You didn't know I was involved did you!! LOL! I am!! *smile*

Anonymous,  December 22, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

Congratulations! The post you've been waiting to write for years is finally here. How you've *longed* to write those words and exclamation points! LOL We are so happy for your family of SIX. Come home, hug your kids, get recharged, and write more when you are able. We're eager to hear the story!

Rachael December 22, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

So very happy for your eleventh hour miracle. AND you get to spend Christmas with your kids at home! Again, so very happy to hear your wonderful news.

April December 22, 2007 at 10:01 AM  

Wonderful!! We am so happy for you!! What an amazing blessing! God did have a plan for you and there was a purpose. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us, allowing us to shed tears of joy for you and your family and for making our day!!

Amy K-S crew December 22, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS! What FANTASTIC NEWS!! We are so happy for you!! God has been working wonders! We can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Jeri December 22, 2007 at 10:37 AM  

Merry, Merry Christmas! What a wonderful gift for this little girl and your family. jeri

ColleenD December 22, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

Wow, when it comes to divine hijinks, this is one for the books! I can't wait to hear the whole story about Maddie. I am sure that miracles abound in your discovery of her, since it was so not by the standard procedures.
I'm guessing this Christmas will be the best and the worst for you, but what an amazing winter you will have.
Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous,  December 22, 2007 at 11:19 AM  

Hurray!
The stars aligned just right. She was waiting for you. Your courage and faith paid off. They always do.

Laura
(fellow blogger)

Tonya December 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

I leaped out of my chair when I read this and knocked my hand on the chandelier in the kitchen!!! LOL! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!:):):)

Gail,  December 22, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

Congratulations!! I can hardly wait to meet her via internet.
Have a safe trip home and a Very Merry Christmas!!
Gail

Gail,  December 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM  

I have to let you know that I just tried to read this post to my Mom. I have been keeping her up on your situation. I couldn't read it without bawling. I am just so happy for you.
Gail

Kim December 22, 2007 at 12:58 PM  

Woooohoooo!!!!! I am so, so, so happy for you. It is the miracle we were all praying for. Amazing things happen and this is proof enough of that.

howellparent2,  December 22, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Congratulations! We are so excited! Just think, with one little leap of faith, Maddie's life has changed. She now has a family to help guide her steps to eternity. What a blessing!

Thank you for sharing all of your emotions with us as you traveled the path to Maddie. It gives us hope that we, too, can persevere and overcome the trials we face in our own journies. May the Lord bless you in this New Year as you serve Him as a family of 6!!

Kurt & Becky

Ashley December 22, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

AMAZING!!!!!!! I have been frantically checking your blog at all hours of the day everyday waiting to hear! I went out today for awhile and came back to this! I AM SO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!!! God is so good!!!!! Congratulations!

Nataliya December 22, 2007 at 1:46 PM  

I knew it, I knew it!!! How AWESOME! It was all meant to be! That's why you had to wait for so long!

I think it worked out the best way - you still get to spend holidays with your kids; you know you found your Maddie, so you can relax a little bit and prepare for your trip after New Years. If she's in Odessa region, I guess it could be Nikolaev (Mykolaiv), or maybe some other small town near Odessa.

Have a safe trip home and enjoy the holiday season with your family!

Christina December 22, 2007 at 1:49 PM  

PRAISE GOD!!!! What a wonderful Christmas miracle. Congratulations.

Christine December 22, 2007 at 11:02 PM  

Congrats! I can't wait to hear more. Your story is amazing!

Shelley December 23, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

Congratulations!!! I haven't been able to check blogs in a few days, so I was catching up. Your blog has the best news by far!!! I'm so happy for you and your entire family! I've been following your journey since your paperchase & I am so thrilled that while you are coming home, your journey is NOT over. I'll be looking forward to reading the next phase of your journey in January. Merry Christmas!

Karya December 24, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

Praise God! I can't seem to stop crying. Have a great trip (or hope you had a great trip - I'm a little behind, I think.) and a fabulous Christmas!
Sometimes God's plans just blow us away!

Anonymous,  December 24, 2007 at 12:04 PM  

My eyes are so teary I can hardly see to write this. After waiting all weekend to find out what happened, and thinking of you practically every minute, wondering and worrying, I couldn't believe it when I finally got in to the office at noon today (Monday) and saw the big "WE'VE FOUND MADDIE!!!!!" heading on your blog. You can't possibly imagine how absolutely THRILLED I was!!! I was so afraid you would have posted that it wasn't Maddie again. I am SO SO HAPPY for you all, and can't WAIT to meet Maddie! Sure hope you won't have to wait too long to bring her home. Wow, I just can't believe it. It's so wonderful!!!!!!!!
-Melinda

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP