Powered by Blogger.

when you least expect it...

Thursday, December 20, 2007

You all know the rollercoaster ride we've been on in the last few days and weeks. We've had to hold on to the roll bar with one hand, while downing a bottle of Pepto with the other.
The ride was nauseating...and we wanted off.
Now.
But then we got a call this afternoon asking us to take one more trip on the rails.
And we have decided to take a chance.
We have a referral! ;)
It's for a little 4-year-old girl in Odessa, who has a couple of issues, which at first glance seem to be manageable.
We don't know anything else...not even her name or birthday.
We didn't have an SDA appointment so we haven't seen a file or even a picture. We've just been told about her.
We're going completely blind.
We leave early in the morning (3 a.m. local time - 7 p.m. at home) for Odessa - by car. We're hoping to visit her first thing in the morning, make a decision and go from there.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute...and making a life-changing decision under pressure.
Whew.
Someone hand us the Drammamine.
We're getting back on!

37 salty messages:

lookingforgeorge December 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Wow! What a ride! I've been thinking something like this was going to happen for you guys. Good luck! You will be in my prayers as you make this decision.

Nataliya December 20, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

OMG, OMG!!! I'm in tears now! And she is in Odessa!!! Okay, my friends, hang on a little bit more on your rollercoaster ride, all of us are there with you (not physically, but still close)! Post as soon as you can!

Karissa Cunningham,  December 20, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

Yeah!!!!! Oh I am sooooo happy for you! When we had our appointment and chose Marie. We only had a few facts too. We had no information on what she looked like or a picture…But you know how that turned out! And the few issues that she had were laughable when we meet her! I wish you the very best of luck!! Doesn’t this just feel like fate! You can’t deny it! Yeah, Yeah, YEAH!
Can’t wait to “meet” your little Maddie!
Karissa Cunningham

John & Lucia,  December 20, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

Tami, I am so happy that you have decided to take a chance on this little girl! I am sorry though that you have had to go on the rollercoaster ride from you-know-where. But, hang on! And hang in there! God is not done with you yet!
Lucia

DianaB,  December 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

WOW!! We are praying for wisdom and clarity as you meet this little one. Thank God for surprises! Thank God for faithfulness, and thank God for open hearts and homes for these little ones.

cara December 20, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

OH-you'll love Odessa. We adopted from No.3 two years ago (a two year old boy).. We are now in the process of trying to find out more information about our sons two brothers.. one is 14 and in no.4-we've been able to communicate with him through missionaries. The other boy Alex is 11 and in no.9 we can't find out anything about him. Good luck, Cara norbycj@hotmail.com
www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  December 20, 2007 at 11:34 AM  

Oh, my!!! How exciting!! I couldn't believe it when I saw your new post. Talk about a rollercoaster ride! Wishing you all the best during this latest chapter of the "Finding Maddie" story. How I do hope the little 4-year-old girl really is Maddie!! I am with you in thoughts.
-Melinda (it's only letting me post as "anonymous" again)

Anonymous,  December 20, 2007 at 11:38 AM  

Hot Dog! What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you. You are getting one wild ride indeed! You'll be in my prayers too as you make this decision. "The roll bar with one hand, while downing a bottle of Pepto with the other"....You couldn't have said it better than that. And you even get to skip the train! WhooHoo!

Leslie December 20, 2007 at 12:05 PM  

AWESOME!
I am thrilled for you. I will be praying for a smooth trip, and for quick clarity on your decisions!!!
Please, please keep us updated! :-)

Waitingonmyua2 December 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM  

Oh I am praying SO HARD!!!! I had a feeling you were going to get a call like this. I could just feel it. I knew the story wasn't over. I am praying, praying, praying. And crying - tears of happy hope. Big hugs, Beth

PS How cool is it that you're going to Odessa! Nataliya should be able to give you lots of advice!

Amblin,  December 20, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Wow!!! I found your blog a few weeks ago. We're interested in Ukraine adoption for our family.

I have felt a bit like I'm riding the roller coaster lately but it's nothing compared to what y'all have been going through!

Praying hard for you that you've found Maddie!!!

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt December 20, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Oh my gosh! I just found your blog and read all about your adventures. It actually resembles our trip to Russia in many ways. God has a plan in all of this. Hang in there! We hope that this child is the one that God has picked out for you.

God's Blessings!

Tina in CT December 20, 2007 at 12:20 PM  

My thoughts are with you as you go to meet the little girl.

I still don't understand why they don't match the children with the parents BEFORE they fly to the Ukraine to adopt. Also, all the children that you have mentioned have some sort of medical issue. Is it because the Ukraine wants to place these children in loving homes here in the US where they will get the best medical attention? I am so naive about it all.

I hope so much for you and your husband that this is your Maddie and if so, that the wheels will quickly turn for you so that the three of you can soon fly back to the Midwest. I'll be anxious to read your blog tomorrow.

Rachael December 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

This makes me SO happy to hear!

Safe travels...wear your seatbelts.

Can't wait to hear more.

Meredith December 20, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

You don't know me nor I you, but somewhere I found your blog through my research and my DH and I have been following your journey. I was so pleased to hear that you have a possible child and I wish you the best! Each time I read your blog we have said a prayer for your entire family. I hope this is your Christmas wish!!

Tonya December 20, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

Wonderful!!!:):):). Can't wait to hear what happens!

howellparent2,  December 20, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

We wept while praying for you last night and we are weeping with joy this morning! No matter what the outcome of your visit with this little girl, we know you will leave Ukraine with peace in your hearts. Your attitude of faith has already been a huge blessing to those of us who are waiting to begin our own journies and we know your story will continue to touch hearts. God is faithful to those He calls!

Still praying,

Kurt & Becky

Debbie December 20, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

I am on pins and needles. Garth and I prayed for you this morning, and of course here I am, checking your blog again! I'm thrilled that you went to Odessa, since we've had so many connections with the town lately. :-) I'm praying she's the one...praying and praying...

Ashley December 20, 2007 at 1:33 PM  

Oh, I have chills! I, too was hoping that something like this would happen before you left. I really hope this is your precious Maddie. I pray that you will know it is her instantly when you see her. I know this has been so hard on all of you (in UA and at home) and I hope this is her this time! So awesome that she is in Odessa because that is where our son is, also.

Kathy and Matt December 20, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

Unbelievable! You two are truly being put through the ringer!
We will be in prayer for you:
Praying that this is Maddie.
Praying for safe travel.
Praying for a great outcome to your meeting!

Please post as soon as you can.

Missy December 20, 2007 at 3:32 PM  

I will be praying so hard for the next couple days. I do so hope that this little girl is your little one.

Allison December 20, 2007 at 4:06 PM  

What a roller-coaster!! Hope this little girl is your Maddie. We'll be sending lots of prayers your way. I can't wait to hear an update!

Anonymous,  December 20, 2007 at 4:11 PM  

You entered this journey with a lot of courage and faith, so this is no surprise that you are willing to give this one more try. I'm sure we are all sending good vibes your way.

Laura (fellow adopter/blogger)

Leslie December 20, 2007 at 6:56 PM  

Odessa? That sounds vaguely familiar! Congratulations on having the courage for one more. May God's presence surround you on this next walk of faith.

Bobbie* December 20, 2007 at 8:06 PM  

Praying this little girl is the one. God doesn't let anything touch our lives that he hasn't approved first. Sometimes the only way to lead you to where you need to be is through trail and tribulation. Praying for peace for both your hearts and God's loving eye when you meet this little girl. Ukraine is not for sissies!! :o)*
Blessings,
Bobbie*

Gail,  December 20, 2007 at 9:53 PM  

Tami and Meshack,
I am praying for your trip. I am also praying that God will give you peace about whatever decision you make. You MUST let us know as soon as you can.
Gail

Is Eight Enough? December 21, 2007 at 12:44 AM  

Girl! You know how to get my waterworks going!! I was just talking about you to my hubby tonight and telling him that I really didn't believe that God would take you this far, and not give you your 'Maddie'. Praying constantly here!! Can't wait for an update report!!!

Melissa E. December 21, 2007 at 8:21 AM  

If this is the one, It will be soooo worth it all! I am glad you have this one more chance. What an amazing chance for the little girl! I hope this is it!

Dana Plowman December 21, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Tami,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! I really hope this works out for you. I was just heartbroken yesterday reading your blog. Hang on tight and hopefully this ride will come to a nice stop for you both. I know you miss your kids and can't wait to get back to see them. Stay strong.
We are all thinking of you dearly here at the Press.

Love-n-Friends,
Dana

kim,  December 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM  

Wow - I got on this morning just to send you an encouraging - hang in there while you wait to go home - message - what a WONDERFUL surprise. I'm praying for you, the little girl, the officials . . .

Troy and Rachel December 21, 2007 at 12:04 PM  

Amazing things are happening this Christmas. THere is no denying that there is a greater power than us!! Merry Christmas! Can't wait to hear more.

MamaPoRuski December 21, 2007 at 12:05 PM  

We continue to pray for you! Someone once told us "Do not doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light". We clung to that during our in country process! Thanks for continuing to share your journey!

MoscowMom December 21, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

Yay!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!! You have nothing to lose, and so, so much to gain...

Amy K-S crew December 21, 2007 at 9:25 PM  

WOW! What incredible news! We truly hope and pray this is your little 'Maddie'. We can't wait to hear!

Tina in CT December 22, 2007 at 6:55 AM  

You have a wonderful Christmas present! I am so happy for you, your husband and family! You both can now go home to be with your children at home (and sleep in your own bed).

I imagine both of you will have to return in January for the court date.

Merry Christmas and I know that you'll have a Happy New Year!

MamaPoRuski December 23, 2007 at 6:00 PM  

Congratulations! We are so thrilled your search is over, althought the journey may just be beginning! Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP