Powered by Blogger.

basketball, girl scouts and purell

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Busy..busy..busy...
Today it's all about the little things.
Basketball...
Girl scouts...
and Pure!l.
Q-ball has a basketball game today...the first in a long line that I'm going to miss while I'm in Ukraine. Thankfully, some other moms have offered to take him to practice and games for us. And Meshack will be home next Monday and should be able to catch at least a couple of them.
Then there's Punky Girl Scout meeting today. It's a makeup meeting from the ice storm. The problem is her meeting starts a half an hour after Q-ball's basketball game begins.
And they're in two separate towns.
UGH.
I know, I know...it's only going to get worse the older the kids get.
Sigh.
Last but not least is the run to Wa!-Mart. I have a list a mile long and it includes two HUGE bottles of Purel! (or the generic equivalent). We received an email from Lev the other day filling us in on the details of the final part of our journey and he included one small request...


  • After the court session we will have to wait for 10 calendar days for the court decree to come into effect. After that we will proceed with getting new birth certificate for the girl to get this done we will have to go to her birth town which is 70 kilometers away from Odessa. It may take one business day.
  • After that we will have to get the new birth certificate certified, it is done in Odessa, usually in takes a couple of hours. After that we will have to go to notary to get some documents notarized, this may take from 30 minutes to several hours depending on how much a notary is busy. After that we will have to go to tax inspection to get the girl’s name changed on her tax ID code. It may take several hours to a day or two depending on whether they keep their database in order or not (I mean tax inspection’s database).
  • The next day after getting the girl’s name changed on her tax ID code, we will be able to apply for her foreign passport. It may take from 3-5 business days to get foreign passport. After getting the passport we will go to Kiev to expose child to medical examination for visa. After that we will be able to proceed with the US Embassy. Usually it takes 2-3 business days to get physical done and get visa.
    I will be doing my utmost to complete your adoption process as fast as possible.
    Best regards,
    Lev.

    P.S. Could you, please, buy me two big bottles of hand sanitizer (‘Purel’ or something like that). They do not sell it here. At least I have never seen it here in Ukraine. Thank you in advance.

So I have to find a way to lug two big bottles of hand sanitizer to Ukraine in my luggage. And I am bound and determined not to take more than one small and one medium sized suitcase. I don't care if I have to wear the same outfits three days in a row (okay...who am I kidding...I care.) I'm not going to bring a bunch of junk with me this time.
I'm not.
Except for two big bottles of Purel!.

2 salty messages:

Tina in CT January 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

I'm sure you will not be getting to bed too early (at least that's how I always am before a trip even though I vow not to let it happen again).

Make sure you have some Purell for yourself too.

Bon Voyage and hope everything goes smoothly for both of you. I'll be waiting for your blogs from the Ukraine.

Nataliya January 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

It's always hard to juggle the kids schedules, and it's a bummer to miss their activities, but I'm sure you'll be able to do your best when you get back with Maddie!

I agree with you on the small and medium suitcase! I'm flying with one medium suitcase and 1 empty bag inside for Raisa. And I'm going to wear the same outfit for three days in a row - why not? Everybody else in Ukraine does that!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP