Powered by Blogger.

from day one

Friday, January 25, 2008

What a great and marvelous day.
It couldn't have been more perfect.
I don't think it gets any better than this.
I have our little girl.
The little girl we have waited forever to find is finally ours.
Sigh.
And so far, the honeymoon is great.
She's doing incredibly well with all of the changes. Especially since Lev said he doesn't think anyone explained to her what was going on.
Jiminy.
The only true meltdown came last night with the bath. Other than that she hasn't so much as thrown a tantrum.
Oh...she's done the pouty, throw-myself-on-the-floor routine, but I quickly corrected that, and as my roomie, Sandra, will tell you...it hasn't reappeared.
She came back from the little town where her daughter is, to spend the weekend in civilization. If you saw the pictures of the place where she's staying I think you would agree she made the right decision.
Her visits with her daughter, Annalee are limited...and since the weekend stretched endlessly in front of her she thought she would come to town to hang out with Maddie and I.
She was really hoping to see Maddie's 'vapor' episodes...she has been disappointed.
Today Maddie and I spent a relatively quiet day inside. We went out for a quick walk to the store, but spent most of the day just hanging out inside the apartment.
We played games, read books, watched Veggietales and Teletubbies (which she loves), ate a ton of yogurt, did our hair and read some more books.
Around suppertime Sandra arrived and Maddie was so excited.
We are really going to have to work on our attachment issues.
Maddie was in her face.
Thankfully, as an adoptive parent, Sandra knows all about this stuff and is totally supportive with the 'please don't hold her and let me do everything for her' thing.
Maddie went to sleep without too much fuss.
I'm already planning tomorrow.
I think we're ready for our first excursion.
Maybe a trip to McDonald's?
I'll let you know.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some more Maddie cuteness.
Today's video is brought to you by Quaker Oats Oatmeal...the breakfast of little girls adopted from Odessa's Orphanage 1...and Dole bananas.
Maddie highly recommends both! ;)
-----------------------------

1 salty messages:

kate January 27, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Poor baby--she must have been so confused! It was certainly a strange leave-taking. I'm glad to hear that she seems to be coping well.

You had a quiet breakfast in a beautiful flat! Enjoy your Monday.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP