Powered by Blogger.

t minus 17 hours...again

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Here we are again, on the eve of leaving for Ukraine...

This time will be so different...
Thankfully.
We won't be waiting for an SDA appointment.
We don't have the uncertainty of not knowing who our child is.
And hopefully this time it won't take as long.
Hopefully.
What is not different this time is the laundry list of things that still need to be done.
  • - Laundry
  • - Packing
  • - Cleaning
And, thanks to mother nature...raking.
See what the recent warm-up left us in our front yard?
Hidden remnants of December's ice storm.
All of this was hidden under a foot of snow for the last two weeks.
We figured it would be bad.
We didn't think it would be this bad.
It would have been worse if it wouldn't have been for our wonderful church family. I have to blog about them someday - probably during the 10-day wait when every day is the same as the day before.
You have to get to know these wonderful people.
In the meantime...
Meshack and Q-ball have their work cut out for them today.
So do I.
I have to finish packing.
There are 17 hours left and I'm still not much further along than I was last night...although the house is looking better.
The girl who is staying with the kids while we're gone came by this afternoon for instructions...I had no choice...I had to get the placed cleaned up.
Now I have no choice...I have to pack.
I doubt I'll post before we leave tomorrow morning...there's just too much to do.
That..and we have to leave at oh-dark-thirty, to make our 8:20 a.m. flight.
Sigh.
That's early.
Oh well. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get to our little girl and the sooner we can bring her home.

19 salty messages:

Rachael January 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Already? That went by quickly (for me anyway! :)).

Bon Voyage, safe travel, and godspeed.

Best of luck at court too.

Don't "forget" to take pictures this time!!!

Susan & Truman January 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Tami - I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read about your experience! Wishing you good luck & safe travels! - Susan

Tina in CT January 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

How wonderful that your friends all chipped in with clearing your yard.

Nataliya January 6, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Good luck and safe travels! Let me know where you are staying in Odessa!

Anonymous,  January 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Praying for all the best.
Cathi

Christina January 7, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

So excited for you!! And can't wait to hear all about Maddie!!!

Have a great trip. :-)

Old DAN AND Little ANN January 7, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

Wow! That was incredibly quick. I can't imagine how your head must be spinning. God go with you and your children will be in our prayers as well.

DoveFamily January 7, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Watching and waiting - so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see a picture of your angel :)

Anonymous,  January 7, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

It's 9:45 on Monday morning, so you are flying now, on your way to Maddie. I hope the time goes by very quickly until you can be on your way HOME with your new daughter. Anxiously looking forward to reading the last chapter of "Finding Maddie." - Melinda

Troy and Rachel January 7, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Have a safe trip - can't wait to hear more and know we are praying for you!

Staci and Damon January 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Besh wishes in Ukraine!
We will be praying for your safe and happy return!
Staci and Damon

Tina in CT January 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

You're airborne as I type. Hope you got everything checked off your countdown list and the Wal-mart runs done.

I'll be looking forward to your post from the Ukraine.

Moscowmom and the girls are here visiting me.

Ruslan, Inna and Victor January 7, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Good luck guys! We will be waiting to hear all about your experience. We'll be praying.

Mike & Tara January 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

We can't wait to hear more!! Best wishes for an easy trip!!

Irina January 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Tami, I wish your of good luck in a trip. I want, that you had enough patience and forces for end of your mission. I live in Ukraine, washing the younger daughter hardly is more senior Maddie. I am going to arrive to live to America by the end of this year. I know, you loving mother, your husband the good father. But the girl will get used to not clear world, it will not know English language firstly. If I can be useful, write to me. Probably, I can prompt, that mean any words or acts Maddie:). It is good, if you will consult, it will be very good. I pray for you and your children. Yours faithfully, Irina.

adoptedthree January 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

Have fun and enjoy your time getting to know Maddie and learning all about her and the great city of Odessa!

kate January 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

call me while you're waiting! praying for your trip ad your family. enjoy that amazing city you're headed to...it's beautiful!

lol at word verification: low tp

i'm guessing that means you should pack lots of travel packs of tissue...

Adrienne January 8, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

WOW!!!! So happy to hear you're on your way!! I can't wait to read all about your trip and Maddie!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Waitingonmyua2 January 9, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

I am chomping at the bit for some news! Hope all is going well. Still praying....Beth

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP