Powered by Blogger.

what more could a girl want?

Saturday, January 26, 2008

It was another day of firsts for Maddie.
The first time talking on a phone.
The first time using a washing machine.
And the first time eating at the golden arches...Mikky D's.
Let's start off with the phone.
Maddie got to talk to Q-ball, Punky, JacJac and of course Daddy today.
She loved it.
She giggled, babbled and stared at the Skype phone while listening to each one of them. It was amazing to watch. She looked startled when she first heard the voice on the other end of the line (internet) then gradually warmed up. I tried showing each person's picture to her as she talked to them. I don't know if she got the idea or not, but she sure had something to say.
She can pronounce everyone's name pretty well, with her cute little Ukranian accent, but has a hard time with Q-balls. For some reason she has decided to call him 'walla'. I don't get it...it's not even close.
I'm not sure what he thinks - but I imagine he'll be just fine.
Maddie also helped me with the laundry today. She really is a pretty good little helper. She helped me drop the clothes over the balcony railing onto the couch below. (It never occured to me that it wasn't a great idea to teach a preschooler to do that...but she enjoyed it.) Then she helped me jam it all into the small washer. I put in the soap and she pushed the button.
After it was done she helped me pull it all out and hang it up on the drying rack.
I can't wait to get home to my dryer!
After the chores were done, Sandra, Maddie and I headed to McDonalds. We just had to have a burger...and it's a right of passage in our family for the kids to have their first McDonald's experience BEFORE they leave their home country.
We couldn't miss it.
Maddie loved it!
She was a bit overwhelmed at first by all of the noise, people and energy...but after awhile she settled right down and ate her lunch.
Mmm-mmm...
Chicken nuggets, french fries, apple juice and barbeque sauce goodness.
What more could a girl want?
--------------------------------------

8 salty messages:

Kathy and Matt January 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

It seems like you are both doing so well. I loved the description of her talking with family via skype. Can you imagine all her little brain is processing with all these new experiences?

Keep posting, it's a joy to read.

Tina in CT January 27, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

She's well on her road to becoming an all American girl!

Hoping that the two of you are soon flying back home to daddy, sister and brothers.

dr david January 27, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

We have been following you for your long journey and couldn't be happier for you. God Bless You.

Nataliya January 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Oh, how cute she is! Looks like she's attaching very well, even though she wanted to hug Sandra (sounds very familiar). I'm still in the honeymoon period as well :)

I'm so glad you had company for the weekend, and I'm sure Sandra had a good time with a friend in a big city.

Good luck with the passport, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on Tuesday! Hopefully you'll be home by the end of the week!

Beth from Sandra's blog,  January 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Tami,
Thanks so much for taking care of Sandra. Between the two of you, there is hopefully enough sanity for one.

Your Maddie is so cute, I can't wait to see photos of her and Annalee together (better known as ALGB or Olga).

Since Sandra is technologically inept, we are so counting on you to do the photo thing.

Blessings on you and your family as you go through the tremendous struggle of the adoption process. Know that many of Sandra's fans are now yours too (And watch out for the crazy ones- you'll recognize them.)

Beth from Sandra's blog

Anonymous,  January 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Hi Tami and Maddie! I just had to check in real quick before I headed to bed. The two of you make an awesome duo. I am not sure who is more entertaining on your videos - Maddie or you, Tami. I can tell that she already knows your "Mom voice". It's amazing how the language doesn't even matter. Your updates and pictures bring smiles to my face. Again, I am so excited for you as you begin your adventure with Maddie. Congratulations! I hope the rest of your time there goes as planned, and that you will be able to bring Maddie home to the rest of your family very soon!
Jodi

DoveFamily January 28, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

What a cutie! Sounds like you had better luck on your Mickey D's excursion than we did. William was too interested in watching people and playing with the balloon they gave him. We ended up taking his food back to our apartment, but he never wanted to eat much of it. But now he wants to go there EVERY DAY... ugh.

Anonymous,  January 28, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Hey, Tami - I feel like I know you a little bit. I am a friend of Sandra's and I have been following your process as well for quite a little while. Your Maddie is just adorable, as are your other kiddo's.

Love to see the excitement of new experiences for the little ones - such a new and exciting world to explore - what fun that you get to explore it anew with them.

Thanks for befriending Sandra. I am so glad that ya'll are there to support each other, especially when we can't be!

Hopefully, I am not one of the 'crazy ones' that Beth referred to! Anyway, praying for all of ya'll.

Jan (Sandra's friend from Lafayette, LA)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP