Powered by Blogger.

'press zero for the operator'

Thursday, January 3, 2008

UGH.

Can I just say...
UGH.
The lack of customer service is enough to make you sick.
And I'm not talking about Ukraine...
I'm talking about the good old U.S. of A.
The heart of capitalism.
The same country who dreamed up the the slogan, 'Have it your way.'
UGH.
Meshack and I spent over 50 minutes on hold last night with D!recTV...
At the 20 minute mark, Meshack hit his limit and handed me the phone.
So I waited...
and waited...
and waited...
and WAITED!!!!
All I wanted them to do was to cancel our subscription to their sports package.
It's an extra $12 a month and we never watch it.
I just wanted them to take $12 off my bill.
And I couldn't even get them to pick up!
UGH.
At the 25 minute mark I reached the point...
You know...the one where you've hung on for so long that you don't dare hang up for fear you're the next one in the long line of unsatisfied customers.
'If I hang up now, I'll have to start over and wait forever...again.'
So I set the phone on the highest volume and laid it on the desk while I typed up this blog.
Even sitting a foot away from my ear, the classical music interrupted every thirty seconds by the message - 'Please hold on the line for the next available representative' grated on my nerves.
And I'm tellin' ya if I hear the 'I love the way you move,' jingle one more time I'm going to hurl!
UGH.
I finally got sick of it and got on their website to send D!recTV's customer service department a little note on my thoughts about their customer service. All the while the perky little girl kept urging me to hold for the next available customer service representative.
Yea, right.
Guess what kind of a reply I got when I hit the 'sent' button?
Go ahead and guess.
'Our goal is to reply within 48 hours. However, we are currently receiving an unusually high volume of e-mail, which may delay our response to you.'
Ya think?!
Click.
You know what the worst part of this is?
I work for a newspaper that owns a cable company...with great customer service.
If I just lived in the same town I work in, I could have every single channel out there for half of what I'm paying for expanded basic right now.
Including the movie channels.
And I wouldn't have to be on hold FOREVER.
UGH.
I'm choosing to look at the bright side in all of this.
At least when I return to Ukraine I'll be prepared for the cruddy customer service.

10 salty messages:

Rachael January 4, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

What I love is when you're on hold forever and THEN they disconnect you.

Nataliya January 4, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

Very frustrating! I've never heard of being 50 minutes on hold! Were you able to cancel that package after all? Well, at least you are prepared for the customer service in Ukraine!

Waitingonmyua2 January 4, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Here's the key - keep pushing "0." Push "0" even when it says it doesn't recognize that response. Just keep pushing zero over and over and over. Eventually, a real person will pick up, but it'll be a lot less time than holding on the regular "service" line. This works with just about ANY electronic answering service.

I've done it many times with many companies.

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

I can identify with that! Ha, ha, HA! It was so funny reading about it, but it's sure NOT funny when it happens to you! - Melinda

Gail,  January 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

I think we had one of the customer techs that your company owns here the other day. He was great!!
Gail

Gail,  January 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

Just thought of something. You could have spent that 50 minutes helping me paint my nursery. LOL
Gail

Shelley January 4, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

So did you ever actually get a person on the phone???? I always keep pressing zero until I get someone to answer.

Tami January 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Nope...I never got anyone. And I still haven't heard back anything back from my email either.

Laura,  January 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Here's something to try: Just right CANCEL SPORTS PACKAGE IMMEDIATELY on your bill and send it in early. We know they open those right away...

Jane January 8, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

You should worry, I'm on hold that long to get through to our pediatrician. She's absolutely fantastic or I'd find someone else...

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP