Powered by Blogger.

back to work

Monday, February 25, 2008

Today was the day.
I went back to work...full-time.
The good news is Maddie did just fine in her first day of daycare.
She did hit one kid over the head with a lincoln log - but in my biased opinion, I think he deserved it. She also had trouble taking her nap, but other than that, day one went off without a hitch.
Tomorrow she'll stay home all day with her daddy and then for the next few weeks she will spend Wednesday through Friday mornings with me and then head to daycare for lunch, her nap and a couple hours of playtime with the kids.
To make that tradeoff, I'm working two 12-hour days on Monday and Tuesday.
I'm so glad to work for a company who gives me that flexibility.
It is worth it's weight in gold.
Speaking of thankful, I'm also thankful for my co-workers.
Guess who got surprised this morning with a food day and shower?
Me.
It was so cool!
I walked in to find a HUGE banner welcoming me back...along with an enormous table of food and a ton gift bags.
Awwww...they missed me.
And they think Maddie is adorable - which of course, she is.
It was wonderful.
My co-workers are the best.
I did pretty well with letting Maddie go to daycare today. Maybe it's because I needed the break, or because Shad dropped her off and I didn't have to do the goodbye stuff, or maybe it's just because I know I don't have a choice - I have to work.
I don't know.
Whatever it was, the day went pretty smoothly.
I'll take it.
More good news - the kids are healthy.
That's always a reason to celebrate.
Anya woke up without a fever this morning so off to school she went. And so far Alek has steered clear of the dreaded fever virus.
How does he do that?!
HEEEEEY!
If I could bottle that I would get rich.
And then I wouldn't have to work.
I'll get right on that! ;>)

11 salty messages:

Adrienne and Jim February 25, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Tami, I'm so glad today went so well for you and for Maddie. I am already anxious about leaving Owen at school for the first time, and we are months away from that day! I think it would help if Jim drops him off like Shad did for you with Maddie. I'd say one hitting incident and having a hard time with taking a nap in a new place is a pretty good start!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day back at work. What wonderful co-workers and the flexibility of your schedule is fantastic!

I'm happy to hear everyone is getting well too. Hope you all stay that way! :)

Rachael February 25, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

Oh, it's always hard to go back. Sounds like you have a great job to go back to though.

MamaPoRuski February 25, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

So glad your first day back was wonderful! I always find them bitter sweet! Will continue to pray for everyone's adjustment and health.

Auntie G February 26, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Sounds like Maddie did pretty well at daycare.
Glad everyone is feeling better at your house.
Gail

Lindy February 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

I'm so glad the day was good for both you and Maddie! I hope all the days hereafter will be good ones, with only minor upsets from time to time.

It's great to have you back!!!!!

Tina in CT February 26, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Life is settling down at your house it seems. Sounds like Day One went well. It is completely normal for one child to bonk another at times and then not want to nap. Ce la vie.

Your work flexibility is fantastic and you are fortunate to have such an understanding boss.

How nice to return to a party and all the well wishes from your coworkers.

jessy February 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

How are you at chemistry?
Glad they are all back to health. And what a blessing Maddie was o.k. with daycare. Daycare for us was a nightmare!! And we didn't figure it out until after I had signed a one year contract, so we had to find a nanny...who turned out to be codependent...ugh, bad memories. So glad for you that she is doing well.

Debbie February 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

I'm so glad to hear everyone's over the creeping crud! That's just miserable. I thank God for your flexible work schedule. Thanks also for your honesty. :-)

Joy Rae February 27, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

glad things are going so well! We have experienced the whole hitting kids on the head with whatever is available! It took Kyle awhile to get used to the daycare thing!

teresa February 27, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

So glad everyone is better. When we get the crud like that, Gissa or Joanna don't get it. I think it is because for the first 6 years of their lives they never went to the doctor, so their bodies learned to fight off everything on it's own. It's the old adage,'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.' Too bad it comes at the kids expense. I think that's why these kiddos suffer from the sensory integration stuff you mentioned Alek dealt with. If no one ever takes care of your pain, you learn to ignore it. So glad he has such a strong immune system. One time all 10 of the rest of us were down, and Gissa felt fine. Hope work continues to go well!

Christine February 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Glad to hear everyone is better! How nice it must have been to be surprised with a shower! I'm glad to hear Maddie's adjustment to you going back to work is going okay. :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP