Powered by Blogger.

NO PLAYING BALL IN THE HOUSE!!!

Monday, February 18, 2008

If I have to yell say this one more time I think I may go nuts!
What is it with boys and playing ball in the house?
I've been telling them since they were preschoolers to not play ball in the house. And now they have Maddie doing it!
Believe me, it's not like I'm a wishy washy parent. Just ask the kids, I'm very strict.
We have rules...they know the rules...and they're expected to obey them.
And one of those rules is...
NO PLAYING BALL IN THE HOUSE!
I've tried everything...
time out...
grounding...
taking the balls away...
banning all balls to the garage (but somehow they keep finding more)...
spank!ng...
all of the above at the same time...
Nothing is sinking in!
What else is there?
AUGH!

12 salty messages:

Lindy February 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Don't ya just love it???!!

Dave February 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Two words: duct tape.
:) Gina

Lindy February 18, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Forgot to say - it's obvious Maddie is feeling better, if she's playing ball in the house! ;-)

MoscowMom February 18, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Hmm... I've had to to fight bike riding, rollerblading and scootering in the house... All equipment must get stored in our entryway, and when you only have four rooms... I feel for you! (Glad Maddie must be feeling better, but how is your other daughter??)

JP February 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Sometimes giving them MORE of what they want works well as a consequence. Such as anyone caught playing ball in the house has to dribble the ball one hundred times on the front sidewalk. Or gets to roll the ball down the stairs 20 times (the running back down to retrieve it will wear them out).

I'm sure you are doing a great job with your kiddos. So glad Maddie is feeling better, and I look forward to reading each new update!

Lucky Mom February 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

if you figure it out, could you blog about it...cuz I have two boys and they DO NOT get it!!! No advice here, just understanding!

Auntie G February 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

Have you tried Calgon. . . for yourself?
Gail

Christine February 18, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Wait till they try riding the scooter in the house or flying their electric airplanes. :)

Missy February 19, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

Hee...hee...is it bad of me that I keep thinking about that Brady Bunch episode? "Mom always said, don't play ball in the house." Sorry Tami, I couldn't resist. :)

Dave February 20, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Thanks for the idea you left on our blog. We'll pray about that. Wow, it sounds like such a big risk!
Gina

Ashley February 21, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

I don't have any advice, either. I have 2 boys (3 if you count my husband) and they just don't get it.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP