Powered by Blogger.

searching for answers

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tomorrow is a big day for Maddie.
It's a day when we should finally get some answers about her condition.
And start getting some solutions.
You may remember when we first met Maddie we didn't have any qualms about adopting her, even though she was born without any external ears.
That peace was was due, in large part, to the fact that my niece, adopted from China last summer, has the same condition. My brother and sister-in-law had filled us in on what Kaycee was going to have to go through, so when we were presented with Maddie it was a no-brainer.
I remember thinking at the time how gracious God was to give us those mini-courses in bilateral microtia so we wouldn't be scared to bring Maddie home.
Now, a month after she stepped off the plane, Maddie will be going to see a pediatric ENT to see what our options are.
I am still amazed at how far God has brought our precious girl.
I know He has big things planned for her...and for our other three children.
Sooooo...tomorrow the journey to healing begins.
We'll start with the ENT and go from there.
We have already done a little bit of research and have a bit of information, but it's going to be wonderful finally getting answers to our thousands of questions.
I'll let you know how it goes.

17 salty messages:

Tina in CT March 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Everyone that knows you personally and through your blog will have you in their thoughts.

Auntie G March 4, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

I will be praying for you appointment. Maddie is so lucky to have you two for parents. I know, you are lucky to have her too.
Gail

Chris and Virginia March 4, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you all. Is there any hope that her hearing damage be reversible? The human machine is amazing at how it adapts to its shortcomings, but to hear how well adept she has become at her age is mindblowing.

How wonderful it is hearing that everyone is so involved with all these changes.

Thanks for the updates.

Waitingonmyua2 March 5, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

Still praying, Tami. No words of wisdom other than to remind you the Lord is very near. I'm excited about Maddie's future now that she is home where she belongs. hugs, B

Irina March 5, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

Dear Tami! I continue to be with you, with your family and from darling Maddie. I have set of problems... But I pray for you and your family. Have a good life!

Dave March 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

How exciting! How awesome that Maddie has access to resources that she didn't have before. You must be so thankful that God is using you to provide for this incredible little girl!
Gina

mrsbroccoliguy March 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Hope it goes well and that the docs are very good at communicating everything to you. I bet they are all wowed by Maddy - she is something special!

Adrienne and Jim March 5, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Oh Tami, thank you for sharing more about Maddie with us. I pray you are able to hear some encouraging news at your appointment. I guess they will assess to see if her internal ears are intact and if she would be a candidate for a cochlear implant? I've seen these do wonderful things for children! :O)

What a blessing you are to her and she is to you.

Ashley March 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

I think it is so awesome that God brought Kaycee first so you could know about this condition. He foresaw all of this and prepared you for the perfect little girl. You didn't know it at the time, but now you know why.

Maddie has already had the appointment so I hope everything went well and I look forward to the update.

Debbie March 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

I'll pray for wisdom for the doctors!

Tina in CT March 6, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Waiting to hear about your day yesterday and hope thay you heard promising news from the doctors. I'm sure your daughter charmed the socks off them.

Lindy March 6, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Wishing you all the best!

Tina in CT March 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

Happy International Women's Day!

DoveFamily March 7, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

I pray that all went well at the ENT and that you got some answers and a plan of action! :)

MoscowMom March 7, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

I haven't commented in a while, but it has been great to follow your posts. I hope your appointment went well. It's amazing how Maddie can read lips IN ENGLISH!

MamaPoRuski March 7, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Came back today to see if you updated, hope things went well. God Bless you and your family on this continued journey!

Tina in CT March 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

I keep checking your blog about the doctor visit and hope that all went well and that you have just been busy between work and the family.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP