Powered by Blogger.

meeting the grandparents

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Maddie must think she is in heaven!
She's getting a special treat this weekend.
Her grandparents are in town!
And she's finally getting held, hugged and spoiled by someone else.
My mom and dad pulled in late yesterday afternoon and Maddie's been in heaven ever since.
It's been a long time since someone other than Shad or I cared for her...and she's made a lot of bonding progress, but it's amazing how a little change in the schedule can throw these kids off.
So far Maddie's reaction has been incredibly mild...
My parents are old pros at this bonding stuff, so we've been able to nip a bunch of it in the bud, but there have been some minor incidents.
The biggest thing she's struggling with is settling down. She's overloading on all the attention...and can't understand why we're asking her to stop running through the house, screaming like a banchee.
Sigh.
Baby steps...baby steps.
I'm glad so far it's minor.
Thank. Goodness.
No big meltdowns.
No major tantrums.
No big hissy fits.
I don't think it's in Maddie's nature.
(Aach. Did I say that outloud?!)
We'll wait to pass judgment until the end of the weekend.

3 salty messages:

Sarah Halter May 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Glad she's enjoying having grandparents here!

BUT, my stomach totally plummeted when I read "Maddie is in heaven," because it took me a second to realize that you didn't mean literally!! Whew...

Old DAN AND Little ANN May 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

When I read your first sentence, I thought, "NOOOOO GOOOODDD!". I was amused to see on your other comment that I wasn't the only one whose mind jumped to that. I'm so glad it was just the type where she is having so much fun that it is COMPARABLE to heaven (maybe). Too funny!

Tina in CT May 11, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

I fortunately read it just as Tami meant. Whew!

I bet she is having a wonderful time have your parents there. I am sure the other three are feeling the same way and all are getting lots of grandma and grandpa attention.

Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP