Powered by Blogger.

saturday morning post

Saturday, May 17, 2008

I don't know about you, but I'm kind of liking this Saturday morning post thing. It lets me a chance to fill you in on the week and give you a weekend post without having to be too creative!
There's nothing better than a lazy Saturday morning! ;)
In that vein, here are this morning's headlines...

WEEKEND WITH GRANDPARENTS GOES SWIMMINGLY

Maddie adored her grandparents. And they certainly loved her.
Grandparents are certainly a new concept to Maddie. She was a bit confused with the fact that the kids called my dad 'Papa'...but she caught on quickly enough.
She ate up all the attention and soon preferred Papa and Grandma to Shad and I...a sure sign that we are nowhere near where we need to be on bonding.

MADDIE'S VOCABULARY CONTINUES TO GROW

New phrases include 'ready to go', 'Daddy go bye-bye' and 'what's this'.
She understands most of what we say to her now. Either that or she's incredibly good at reading body language. GIven her hearing loss, it may be a combination of both.
We are just started learning our colors. We have a LONG way to go...but Maddie is enjoying the game.

THE OTHER SHOE DROPS

The honeymoon is officially over and the REAL Maddie has shown up. Thankfully she's closely related to the pseudo Maddie and it hasn't been that bad, although Nick will disagree.
Nick and Maddie are fighting like CATS and DOGS!
Augh.
They are at each other CONSTANTLY!
I don't know what I'm going to do with those two.
Anyone have any brilliant suggestions?

TAMI GIVES UP HER SECRET
Many of you have asked where I got the cool newspaper for my Saturday morning posts...so here's the link. It's pretty easy to use and personalize. If you read closely, you'll see I wrote the copy in the paper. :>)
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

6 salty messages:

Rachael May 17, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Thanks for the newspaper tip! It IS such a cute little tool. I noticed the text the first time you used it.

Hopefully the squabbling is a phase. My kids all take turns bickering at one another with no seeming rhyme or reason.

Tina in CT May 17, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

Don't worry about Maddie's perferring her grandparents. I'm sure my daughter preferred my mother as she did fun things with her all the time, always bought her junk cereal like Count Blueberry, always had bubblegum in her pocketbook and would devote hour upon hour to her. What kid wouldn't take that over mom and dad and all their rules?

As for the two that keep bickering, I don't have any suggestions as Tamara is the 5th generation of an only child so I have no experience with that.

MamaPoRuski May 18, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Thanks for the link! When T and C are arguing and I have had enough I begin to separate them or yell...to which they both look up innocently up at me and say "What were doing? We're just talking."
Mom gets a time out more often than not!

MoscowMom May 18, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Thanks for sharing the newspaper info; it's cool! I'll explore the site where you found it, too. I was about to ask you again about it... and then there it was, at the end of your post!

Good luck with the fighting and bonding. I guess it's a good sign that her English is good enough to fight, though? (Just trying to find the silver lining...)

jessy May 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

Um...my kids (all five, birth and adopted)prefer Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa to me and the master. When we leave them with the grandparents they are literally pushing us out the door and they are never very excited to see us return. I don't think of it is an attachment thing. They just know a sucker when they see one. LOL!!

Christine May 19, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Glad to hear Maddie is doing well. I think siblings are always going to view things a little differently. ;)

BTW, I love the picture of the four of them head to head. Too cute!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP