Powered by Blogger.

Vacation '08 Day 3 - moooo...and all of that

Sunday, May 25, 2008

This morning it was the world's largest hockey stick and the Hockey Hall of Fame...
This afternoon a jammed packed Edgewater Hotel.
It just keeps getting better.
(Does anyone else hear the sarcasm?!)
To say the USHHF was a let-down is an understatement...
Disappointment...
Lead balloon...
Complete bust.
Just a few of the words that come to mind.
Sigh.
Turns out it was the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame...not the NHL Hall of Fame.
Big difference.
We were hoping the Edgewater would save the day.
I'm not so sure it will.
It is JAMMED with teenagers on some sort of school field trip.
Tons and TONS of teenagers.
Does anyone else remember going on one of those end of the year field trips with all of your friends. Staying in some hotel and staying up until all hours of the night.
Yea.
Me too.
Do you remember how you behaved? How obnoxious you were?
Yea.
Me too.
Tonight we're going to be on the receiving end of one of those nights.
And then there's the pricetag.
We used hotels dot com to book this room.
The website said it would be $149 for a suite...a kind and two queens.
Weeeeelll...we thought. That sounds pretty good. We'll splurge a little and be able to stretch out.
Mmmmm-hmmmm.
As we pulled into the parking lot to sign-in we were greeted by two busses.
School busses.
Full of teenagers.
Yea.
Even Alek knew it spelled trouble.
'Mom,' he said. 'I hope those kids aren't mean to us.'
Shad, being my brave, gift of a husband, went inside to check us in.
He came out 45 minutes later...fuming!
Shad doesn't fume.
Turns out the price we were quoted online was the 'average' price of the room...and if we would have read the 5 pt font print, we would have seen that the hotel reserved the right to change the price.
So instead of $149...we paid over $200.
Yea.
Me too.
I'm kind of sick about it.
Unfortunately we're stuck.
Since it's a holiday weekend, not only is this hotel jammed full...every hotel in town is full.
We were lucky to find this room.
Sooooo....
We're trying really hard to enjoy this huge suite, without feeling too ill in the process.
Thankfully, the teenagers have stayed away from the water park so far. I think all of the elementary school aged kids are scaring them off.
I'm sure that won't last for long.
We're back in the room now.
We've stuffed our faces full of pizza, ice cream and pop.
The kids are sufficiently sugared up and now I fully expect them to fall asleep.
Yea.
Right! ;>)
BTW - I just got done looking at the pictures from the swimming expedition. I want you to know I am going to do some creative editing before uploading them for you to see. There is a reason why I refuse to wear a swimsuit anywhere near where I live.
I want absolutely NO chance of anyone who knows me seeing me in a suit! :)
I look like a bovine in a speedo.
Maddie overheard me saying as much this evening.
"Cow, Mama?"
'Yea, Maddie, cow.
'Cow, Daddy. Cow, cow.'
Thanks Maddie.
I didn't need the reminder.
If you REALLY want to. Check out this link. It's a webcam for our waterpark hotel. Who knows - you may get lucky and catch a glimpse of me in a swimming suit! ;)
Yea.
Right.

7 salty messages:

Tina in CT May 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

It's too bad you could not have just continued camping in the area but I imagine they are packed too. Hopefully the teenagers' rooms are not near yours. I know people here that have gone to them in PA, the Cape and Upstate NY and had a fantastic time.

Bummer about the raised rate for the hotel room. Hope it's a great room.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Tina in CT May 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Tonight on the CBS Evening News, there were stories about tornadoes in the Midwest - Minnesota and Kansas being two of the states. I hope that you were not anywhere near this tragedy and that your town was not in their path either.

Kathy & Matt May 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

Tami,
Your posts are so funny and always provide a very clear image of what you're dealing with. Oh, I do remember being one of those obnoxious teens - so I feel for you!

Hope the weekend got better!

Kim May 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

ya, the real hockey hall of fame is in Toronto, Canada. Sorry. Was there at least some cool stuff from the "miracle" olympic team from the 80's?

Hope the teenagers don't bother you too much!

Ashley May 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

I also thought of you during the tornadoes. I hope all of you are well. :)

Sorry for all the disappointment.
:( I hope you have a good time from here on out.

Poor Alek thinking the teens might be mean. And no, I am sure you do not look like a cow! There is no way. I also will not wear a bathing suit for anyone to see. I will wear it, but then I have a long shirt to my knees covering me up. I am so self conscious in a bathing suit, so I know how you feel. But, I am sure you look just fine. :)

Melissa E. May 27, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

Oh dear... These are the vacation memories that you talk about for years to come! Think of all the bonding!

Old DAN AND Little ANN May 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

You aren't the only one with said insecurity. Me too!

After two trips to Russia last year and paying up to $350 a night for our lodging, I am a little desensitized about lodging costs. I understand why you would feel upset though. I quit using Priceline for similar reasons. I only use Expedia now.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP