Powered by Blogger.

home again

Thursday, June 5, 2008

We're home.
Well, at least five of us are.
Shad stayed behind to wait for his mom to wake up.
In the past few days Pam gradually improved to the point on Wednesday afternoon where Shad told me to go ahead and take the kids home.
So Wednesday afternoon I climbed in the mom-mobile, kissed Shad goodbye and drove 11 hours with the kids (that's a whole other post).
I took yesterday off to recover. ;>)
I talked with Shad last night and he said his mom is stirring a lot more, trying to open her eyes and is showing some signs of discomfort.
It's all so sad.
She will learn sometime this weekend about what has happened to her.
Please pray.

Pray for Pam.
Obviously, she's not going to like the decision that had to be made.
Bill had no choice, but I seriously doubt she'll see it that way...at least at first.
Please pray for Bill.
I can see chinks in his spiritual resistance armor.
And please pray for Shad.
He, of course, will be there when his dad has to tell his mom about the arm. It will be tough to watch his parents deal with this. I can't even begin to imagine.
Thank you.
Thank you for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers. Just as when we were in our darkest hours in Ukraine, your support has meant so much to us.
I have to head off to work now.
I have one vacation day left until the next pay period...so instead of just claiming a full week's worth of vacation I'm going to put in my eight hours.
I doubt I'll be too productive.

4 salty messages:

kate June 6, 2008 at 7:42 AM  

I'm so glad that she's waking up! THAT is good news.

Kathy & Matt June 6, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

Tami,
It is so good to see your update and I'm glad to hear that Shad's mother appears to be doing better. We'll continue to pray for her healing. We'll also pray for Shad, as he helps his dad and mom come to grips with the decision that had to be made about her arm.
I'm sure you're exhausted after the long drive. I drove 5 hours with just 2 kids last weekend, and that was enough for me, so 11 hours with 4 kids...I can only imagine!
You're all in our prayers!

Tina in CT June 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

What a week and drive back home for you (and the kids). It will be tough for your husband and his father to tell Pam about the surgery but hopefully she will come to understand that it had to be done to save her life. So glad to read that she is improving.

Christina June 7, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

What an awful, awful thing to happen. But thank God he body is fighting the infection and she is stirring. The loss of an arm is very real, but nothing compared to the loss of a mother and grandmother. I will pray for all of them - for healing, comfort and peace.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP