Powered by Blogger.

saturday morning post

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ka-thunk!
What was that, you say?
THAT was the sound of your weekly Saturday Morning Post hitting your virtual door!

Rise and shine sleepy-head. You need to catch up on a very busy week of our family's news!
- ICU Update -
First and formost Pam is hanging in there. Yesterday was a toughie. It all started with the news that the doctors won't be taking her off the ventilator for a few days. She's starting to get some fluid build-up on her lungs...AND since her kidneys aren't functioning well enough that means she will be going on dialysis. A minor setback for a woman who has already gone through so much. We hope today brings better news.
- Home again - Shad finally comes home tonight. We bought his airline ticket before his mother's latest difficulties, so he's feeling a little guilty about coming home. But the job won't wait any longer. He already took so much time off for Maddie's adoption, then our quickie vacation, now this. While the owner's are being understanding, he doesn't want to overstep their generosity. The kids are beyond excited. They get to go to the airport to pick up daddy. It doesn't get much better than that! :)

- Take me out to the ballgame - Nick and Anya finally got to play in their first ballgames last night. Anya went first. She played first base for the B squad and did really well. She got the first three runners out all by herself. She had a harder time batting, but when the game was over she said she had a lot of fun. Nick says he's been waiting his whole life to play baseball. Finally, last night all of his dreams came true! :) His team is even bigger than Anya's so they have the kindergartners take turns on the B squad. He was able to get only one inning in, but he made the most of it. He hit a single, scored a run, and ran down a ground ball in right field. Not too bad for his first time on the field. ;>)
- Big changes - Something has come up that may mean big changes for our family. I wish I could go more into detail, but for now we need to keep this info to ourselves. I only mention it to ask for prayer. Please pray for wisdom, clarity and the courage to go forward if that is what He wants. Thanks.
- Coming this week - More posts, I promise. Upcoming topics include our wild ride from Colorado, a Maddie attachment update and my personal state of the union (don't worry...it's not political! :) And I haven't forgotten my promised post on PAD. THAT should be a fun one to write! :>) Stay tuned.

5 salty messages:

Diana June 7, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

I hope things continue to improve for MIL. Scary stuff!!

As for PAD, I've written my fair share of those posts. They're rather healing and therapeutic. Don't hold back.

Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to reading more.

MamaPoRuski June 7, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

I think we were up before you doing the yard sale today...would have rather been at a ball game. I too am looking forward to your posts. You are in your thoughts and prayers!

Old DAN AND Little ANN June 8, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

I like the weekly posts. I'm sorry to hear about Shad's mom. I hope she will continue to improve. I'm sure it is hard to leave when she is still doing so poorly. God knows! I'll pray as the Lord brings it to mind about your families upcoming decisions and direction.

DoveFamily June 9, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Still praying for you MIL. And praying for whatever possibilities might be presenting themself to you guys!

Debbie June 10, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

I just read about Pam, and I will be praying for her, Bill, Shad, and all of you. Keep us posted. Big hugs to you all!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP