Powered by Blogger.

stream of conscious

Monday, June 16, 2008

Shad's home!
Finally.
I don't think I've ever been more happy to see him than when he walked through the door tonight.
Okay. Maybe when Maddie and I came home from Ukraine - but tonight was a close second.
The last few weeks have been an absolute emotional roller coaster.
And I don't like roller coasters.
Neither does he.
I think that's what makes our marriage work. We try really hard to stay away from roller coasters. Physical ones and emotional ones.
Okay...enough of the metaphors! ;>)
Maybe now I can get back to regular posts.
Ha! Who am I kidding? It will probably be awhile before I get back into the swing of writing regularly.
My writing has been extremely sporadic in the last few months. There are times when I can come up with a whole post in my head and then type it right out. Other times I can't get past the opening sentence.
I'd call it writer's block, but I told my students once that there was no such thing as writers' block. Oh, if they could only see me now! Hunched over the keyboard trying desperately to come up with something interesting to write about.
I have five or six posts in my que just sitting there waiting for me to find enough inspiration to finish them.
I'm afraid they may be waiting awhile.
What may not be waiting awhile is that life-changing thing I told you about a few days (weeks?) ago. A decision will be made in the next week which should determine the outcome (Sorry to be so vague about all of this.) Please continue to pray for us. We'll need wisdom on how to handle it.
Hmmm....anything else?
Oh yea. Some issues have come up with Maddie in the last few weeks that I REALLY need to write about. Delayed reactions I think to all the changes she's been through in the last four months.
Sigh.
So many things going on and yet no words in my head to describe it all.

5 salty messages:

Rachael June 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Oh, I hope you find the words soon. Now you've piqued my interest. (I'm not a rollercoaster gal either!)

Maia June 16, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

Understand about the rollercoasters. Keep trying to write ... you're great! Thanks for sharing about your family.

Kathy & Matt June 17, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

So glad to hear that Shad's back. Hope his mom is doing better.

Tina in CT June 17, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Glad that he's back home but how is his mother?

Yes, you have all of us piqued. I also don't like roller coasters but Space Mountain at Epcot is fun.

NotTheMama June 17, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

Sigh... I was supposed to be spending my husband-free evening (on a business trip) cleaning house and getting a lot done, not reading your blog!! ;)
But I needed it... Thank you for your post about Mother's Day, your dream, and waiting for children. 10 years? I can definitely handle 2 or 3 more!!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP