Powered by Blogger.

an update

Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm sorry to have kept you all in the dark for so long, but we've been pretty much living at the ICU unit for the last few days.
Shad's dad (Bill) took Pam to the doctor on Friday morning with a red, swollen right hand and arm. The redness and pain had started the day before and by Friday morning was too much for her to handle.
The doctor took one look at them and sent them to the E.R.
The diagnosis is staph infection. The infection quickly spread and finally yesterday morning they removed her right arm from the bicep.
Unfortunately, so far she hasn't improved.
She's on a ventilator, her liver was showing signs of failure yesterday (the reason for the emergency amputation), her kidneys are barely functioning and her blood work this morning is not any better than it was the day before.
The good thing is so far she is holding her own. She hasn't deteriorated.
So we continue to pray.
Please pray for Pam's recovery. She is a such a wonderful mom, MIL and grandmother. We'd be lost without her.
Please pray for Shad. He's hurting. He's being his usual stalwart self, but it's so hard to see Pam like this.
And please pray for Bill. He had to make the decision to amputate and while he's not second guessing his decision, he is feeling a lot of guilt. And he's having to watch his wife of 40 years struggle just to stay alive.
Please also pray for his spiritual health. Bill does not share our faith or his wife's faith. He doesn't have any faith to hold on to right now...and that's a pretty lonely place to be.
I'll try to give you another update tonight.
Thanks for hanging in there with us!

16 salty messages:

Mike & Tara June 2, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

We are sending prayers and hugs your way. We are in CO - please let us know if you need anything.

jessy June 2, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Oh, Tami, I hate that this is happening. And such a shock! To be fine one day, and the next day, struggling for life. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer.

Rachael June 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

Oh my goodness. That came out of nowhere. I will definitely keep your family lifted up in prayer.

Kathy & Matt June 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Thanks for the update and for letting us pray with you!

Anonymous,  June 2, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

You and your family are in my prayers...

Susan in Ky

MamaPoRuski June 2, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Please feel our hearts cry and prayers for you and your family! God Bless!

Tina in CT June 2, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

I'm here gasping. I never realized how fast a staph infection can spread and how horrible it is. How did she catch this staph infection?

Your FIL made the right decision to amputate as he is fighting for his wife's life.

I've had your family on my mind ever since I read your blog about the gravity of your MIL's illness.

Drew Michelle and Luke Paras June 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I will pray for all of you and may God give you strength.

Elaine June 2, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

Oh no! I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous,  June 2, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

What unbelievably sad and tragic sad news. I'm a long time lurker, but just had to come out of the mists of lurkdom to send you and your extended family much love and prayers. Kind regards from Australia x x

Living Life with Sophia June 3, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

My prayers are with your family.

DoveFamily June 4, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

Praying for healing for your MIL, and for your FIL's heart to be softened and receptive.

Tina in CT June 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

I keep checking your blog for an update and hope that your MIL is improving and fighting the staph infection.

Joy Rae June 4, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope she makes a recovery soon. You are in my prayesrs.

Melody and Doug June 5, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Oh, I was so sadden to read this post. I am praying!!

www.melodyanddoug.blogspot.com

Is Eight Enough? June 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

Tami,

My goodnesss!! I am so sorry!! I am praying for her and Shad and you all!! Praying for God to do a miraculous healing.

Blessings, Justine

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP