Powered by Blogger.

color 101

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Teaching Maddie her colors has been such a frustrating process.
We've been hard at work the last couple of months, going over just a couple of easy hues with no success.
It felt like a lost cause.
I seriously started to wonder if she was color blind...that is, until the babysitter painted her toenails pink.
That was it!
She immediately started pointing out anything even close to the shade.
So, I thought maybe I should get fingernail polish in all the major hues.
No need.
This week the lightbulb went on.
She got it.
Now she knows about seven colors...and is quickly picking up the others.
This morning after church, she decided to share her new-found knowledge with Alek and Anya. Notice how, on the colors she doesn't know, she asks them to name the colors - just like a teacher.
Cute stuff!
Enjoy!





Hang in there just one more day. I'll try to have the post ready on the big news tomorrow.

19 salty messages:

Auntie G July 20, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

She is so darn cute!! Alek doesn't look to thrilled with the video session though.
Gail

Missy July 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

I was thinking the same about Alek. He kept looking at you as if to say, "Mom can I please stop playing!" But she is one smart cookie...just took a little while for it to click, I guess.

Tina in CT July 20, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

When I clicked on your blog, it took a few seconds to fully appear. The block where the video is never appeared. Drat.

Tami July 20, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Try it again, Tina. Reload the page and see if that works.

Tina in CT July 20, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

Still no luck. I closed your blog 2ce and then went back in. Wonder why I can't see the video? I'll try from work tomorrow.

Rachael July 20, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

That is so stinkin' CUTE!

Anonymous,  July 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Love it, love it, love it! She is quite the little learner. I loved how she said, "Good Job!". She is sooo animated! You all must do a lot of laughing at her enthusias-tic personality (but in a really nice way). BTW, you blog is pure white with the pink you can see ver light. I had to move the curser around and then some of the other things showed up.
Catherine Hendrickson

The Cunninghams July 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

That’s so great! Lexie had the same issues with color. But, it always reminded me of when I would ask our translator how to say a word and then would have to ask again and again before I would get it! She is making quick progress though. It must be nice to see and hear!

MamaPoRuski July 21, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

It's about time you took PINK so seriously! LOL! She must have been waiting for the right inspiration. So glad she is having things click!

DoveFamily July 21, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

Wow - she has come so far! She is such a cutie.

John & Lucia July 21, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

What a cutie pie!! Adorable!

Tina in CT July 21, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

I tried it from home several more times and your blog shows up white and eventually fills in with the pinkish color and the text but still no video. I tried it here at work and was able to see it. Really cute and I love how she says, "Good job". I think it was funny when Alex pulled his gum out and you told him to stop it. Why do kids love doing that?

Waiting for the big news today.

Mark and Courtney July 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

I love it--super cute and her language sounds great!

Kathy and Matt July 21, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

She is such a good little teacher. I love the "good job" after each correct answer.

Isn't it funny how one little thing like the toenails can make it click? She's doing great!

I love the new look of your blog!

Mark and Courtney July 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Aaagghh! I think I know your big news--I don't know whether to be excited or what! (Nice cryptic comment, huh?!)
But, if it's what I think it is, well then I've got news for you, too! :) :) (I promise to clarify once you share, but I don't want to spill the beans, especially if I'm wrong!!)

Debbie July 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Tooooo cute! I love how she's telling them "Good job"! :-) I'll be watching for the big news...but please give the text some color. ;-)

pearly1979 July 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Oh my gosh!! She is so cute!! I love that video "Good Job!!" How funny!! :)

Stefanie July 24, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

She is just darling and personality plus! I love how the kids are indulging her!
Wow, what remarkable progress!
Stefanie

kate July 26, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

I love her teacher voice. ;> And what a FAB big sister she has in Anya! Patient, supportive, and willing to play along.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP