Powered by Blogger.

do you have what it takes?

Monday, July 7, 2008

When my ancestors passed through Ellis Island all they had to do was sign the book and pass the health screening.
When we brought our kids home from Russia and Ukraine the three youngest ones automatically became citizens. (We had to apply for Alek's citizenship - it was so cute to watch him take his oath at the age of 2! :)
But anyone who wants to become a U.S. citizen after the age of 18 has to pass a test.
And it's a toughie.
I saw this link on our local T.V. station on Independence Day and decided to give it a try.
I just had to see if I would pass.
I am thankful (and a bit relieved) to say I did...with flying colors.
95%
Whew!
Of course the first time I took it I only got an 80%! ;>)
I guess all those poli-sci classes finally paid off! :)
So. Do you have what it takes to become an American citizen?
What score did you get?

9 salty messages:

Carrie July 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

90% on the first try... I guess those School House Rock videos paid off! "I'm just a Bill; I'm only a Bill; and I'm sitting here on capital hill..."

Tina in CT July 9, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

I also got an 80% but the ones that I did goof on were toughies. I did not retake it.

Svetik July 9, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

I got only 40%, but i am not an American citisen:-) It was funny it tells me that with this score i need think if i want to be one. For now i don't :-)
Sveta

Elaine July 9, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

90% on the first try here, too. Hee . . . I also found myself singing School House Rock in my head . . . The Declaration of Independence, seventeen hundred and seventy six!

pearly1979 July 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie G July 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Glad I was born here. I only got 65%.
Gail

Mark and Courtney July 10, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

I got 90% on the first try! (And I hate political history.) I missed the questions on which right is guaranteed in the First Amendment and which form is needed to apply for naturalization. I'm pretty happy with that! :)

Missy July 10, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

I got a 60% too....how ashamed am I!!

MamaPoRuski July 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

90% the first attempt, TYVM! I just can't keep the amendment numbers right... LOL! Thanks for the link! I think our girl at 14 will have to take the oath, just wonder what provision they give for not being able to raise your right arm...

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP