Powered by Blogger.

quick update

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why is it when you give notice at work, suddenly everything goes into hyper drive?

And not just at work...
At home too.
Shad is bound and determined we need to have every piece of non-essential home furnishing packed by this weekend.
He's dreaming.
I'm not convinced it will be packed by the time we are ready to pull the U-Hau! out of the driveway.
We only have three weeks people!
THREE WEEKS!!
That's 21 days before we are supposed to be pulling into our new driveway.
And we don't know where that driveway is yet!!!
We won't know until August 12th!
We finally decided yesterday that I will fly out to Colorado and find a place for us to live.
On. My. Own.
How's that for pressure?
I have to find the perfect place for our family of six to live in only 48 hours.
Sigh.
The good news is we have a great real estate agent who has been working her tail off trying to find us the perfect house. And she's giving us options on how to make all of this work. We're talking about finding a house to buy and then renting it until our house here in the Sunflower State sells.
Who knows how long that will take...but at least we have some options.
So we've been perusing real estate websites, combing over the emails she's sending us, dreaming about the kind of house we want.
Tell me it will all come together.
Promise me that a year from now everything will have settled down and all of this will be a distant memory.
Remind me that this is just temporary and if we can survive four international adoptions, we can certainly handle a move to the Wild West.
Thanks.
I needed that.
Oh, and by the way.
We're moving to Wyoming.

17 salty messages:

Tina in CT July 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

I thought you were moving to CO and then you threw Wyoming in at the end of your blog.

Your real estate agent sure will be earning her fee. I'm sure you have the town narrowed down so I'm sure you'll find the right house.

Hope your house sells quickly to ease the move.

Sure wish all your blogging buddies lived in the area to come over with their tape guns to help with the packing. I love my tape gun.

Rachael July 29, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

I was picturing Colorado too! Huh.

Wow, this is all happening fast for you. Good luck with the house hunting!

Diana July 29, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Ahh, the wild west is a wonderful place to live! You'll love it out here! Happy packing and happy house hunting.

Tami July 30, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

Our parents live in northern Colorado...we'll be just across the border. Only two hours away. Much better than the 10+ hours we're at now.

kate July 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

We all thought Colorado.

Well, Wyoming isn't Camelot. But it does have the same big, beautiful BLUE skies and those amazing Rockies. You'll be great.

Where in WY? Laramie?

Courtney July 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Too bad you're not moving to Montana--I happen to know of a house for sale in Montana by a family with 4 kids! They just moved down here to be closer to their other daughter and son-in-law.

Mike & Tara July 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

Woohooo!! We love CO! It sounds like you'll be quite a bit north of where we are (SW of Denver) but I'd like to send you our phone number if you ever get down this way...do you have an email address?

Tina in CT July 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

How far will your in-laws be from your new place?

If that picture on your blog is from Wyoming, you are one lucky lady to be moving there. Just gorgeous! Happy moving to Big Sky country.

Will you be in a small town or near a large city?

Lots of opportunities for outdoor day or overnight trips with the family as you'll be in Nature's Wonderland.

MamaPoRuski July 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

It's sort of close to Colorado! There's no place like home...there's no place like home...
See? It was just a dream.

Christina July 30, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

I LOVE Wyoming. Love, love, love it. Okay, I've only visited the state once but we did a road trip through it and it is SO beautiful and my kids loved it and we now have a fantasy of moving there some day. So I know you will love it. :-) And I bet you find a great house too... the market is very good for buyers out that way right now.
Oooh - and the cowboy hats are everywhere out there and they are so stylish and awesome! I can't wait to see Maddie in one... :-)

SG July 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

I thought the Wyoming thing was a joke! You aren't moving to CO? Well the real estate should be a bit more reasonable.

It will all work out. God didn't bring you these kids to have your life blow-up after you got them. You will be blessed by this. BLESSED! God speed!

Elaine July 30, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Well, while you're house hunting, Shad will be doing ALL the packing, right? Right?!?! Just sounds fair to me . . . Good luck! One way or the other it will all work out.

Christine July 30, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

You can do it Tami. I did it right in the middle of our adoption. Let me know if you would like some pointers.

Amy K-S crew July 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

I'm sure all the family is thrilled to hear that you'll be moving closer to home. The kids will love being visit their grandparents and cousins more. We'll be praying.

The Cunninghams July 30, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

I have to admit I was thinking Colorado too. I have only driven through Wyoming but it was lovely and grassy. I should not be too huge of a change for you. I really hope you find a house. I really secretly would love to pick the house by myself! Try and think of it as a great thing and not put so much pressure on yourself! And yes, of course in a year you will defiantly forget how stressful this all was. And how you tricked us all into thinking you were moving to Colorado!

adoptedthree July 31, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Good luck on your move. There is a reason for every journey :)

Jenni July 31, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

I bet Wyoming will be beautiful! It will be nice to be closer to the parents too. I hope all goes well with your move and you find a great place to live.

Best of luck!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP