Powered by Blogger.

billy joe mcguffry

Sunday, August 24, 2008

At last...I can finally make good on the promise for more Maddie cuteness.
This video was taken by me...while I was driving the Mom-mobile down I-80 in central Nebraska.
Any of you who have traveled I-80 through Nebraska know there are virtually NO radio stations in central Nebraska. Actually, that's not quite true...there are some farm stations on the AM dial...but I wasn't THAT desperate. I was, however, desperate enough to give in to my children's begging to listen to a Veggie Tale CD.
Whatever possessed me?!

video

(For those of you who took the time to count my children...I didn't forget Anya. She was taking her turn riding in the moving truck with Shad. As you can see, there was absolutely NO room for another body in the van. One of the cats was riding next to me in the passenger seat in a carrier sitting on top of a cooler full of food from our refrigerator. Of course the truck wasn't much better. The cab was filled with Shad, a cat, a dog and a child, and miscellaneous other stuff that was too fragile to put in the back of the truck, but for some reason we thought would be perfectly safe in the front with said cat, dog and child. HA!)

6 salty messages:

Courtney August 26, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

That's hilarious to watch, but what on earth are they saying?!? I'm not familiar with that VT CD. :) (I am, however, familiar with many others which the boys, ahem, have never listened to. ;))

Delahne August 26, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Did they sing "Drive into the river, Bob?"

Tami August 26, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Now, Billy Joe McGuffrey
Was a really clumsy kid.
On the first day of first grade
I'll tell you what he did.
He tripped over a pencil box,
Flew up in the air,
Landed on a kangaroo
Who pulled out all his hair.
He needed first aid in the first grade,
First aid in the first grade,
First aid in the first grade.
You could buy a zoo with all the doctor bills he paid.

Now, Billy Joe McGuffrey
Was a really clumsy kid.
On the second say of second grade
I'll tell you what he did.
He slipped on a banana peel,
Flew up in the sky,
Landed on a chimpanzee
Who poked him in the eye.
He needed first aid in the second grade,
First aid in the second grade,
First aid in the second grade.
You could buy a zoo with all the doctor bills he paid.

Now, Billy Joe McGuffrey
Was a really clumsy kid.
On the third day of third grade
I'll tell you what he did.
He fell out of a fishing boat,
Splashed into the sea,
Landed on a moray eel
Who bit him on the knee.
He needed first aid in the third grade,
First aid in the third grade,
First aid in the third grade.
You could buy a zoo with all the doctor bills he paid.

You get the idea. ;>) It was a fine musical performance let me tell you! :)

Melissa E. August 26, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Oh no! I have bad news...She acts just like our Vitali!!!! :-)

So cute!

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

You were taping while you were driving!! Let alone, on the inerstate!!! What on earth were you thinking?!
-Love concerned citizen

Tami August 27, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

I wasn't. It is that simple. Although I have to tell you, I am a trained news photojournalist and have done a lot worse than this! I honestly WAS concentrating on my driving...the video work was more on auto-pilot.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP