Powered by Blogger.

a little better

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement, support and prayers.
Yesterday was a little bit better on the school front.
All of the kids got into the van excited about their day. But they were excited for a hundred different reasons.
Anya was happy because she had made a new friend. She can't remember the girl's name...but they played together and had a great day.
Nick, too, made a new friend...at least in his own mind. He said the boy threw the ball at him in P.E. I guess in my little guy's 7-year-old mind that makes him a new friend. ;)
Alek was happy because at lunch the district offers five different options for a main course. 'It's like Ryan's (restaurant), Mom. You get to pick whatever you want!' I guess we'll take the victory in the little battles.

Alek still hasn't made any new friends, but he says people are being nice. He's just not playing with anyone.
Sigh.
We have done some of the things you all suggested in helping him with the adjustment. One of the first things before we actually physically moved here, was we signed him up for fall football. HE LOVES IT! He's been practicing since our first full day here and says 'IT'S THE BEST SPORT EVER, MOM!'
I'll take his word for it.
He is also bugging us to let him be in the school band.
Sooo...things are looking up a bit. I'll be leaving here in a bit to pick the kids up from school.
We'll see how today went.

9 salty messages:

Courtney August 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Let me know what he decides to play. We might be able to help you out with an instrument so you don't have to rent/buy one. :)

Tina in CT August 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

I think his joining the school band and playing a team sport are great ideas and perfect avenues for meeting and getting to know kids, make friends and be part of a "unit".

Hope today went better for the 3.

Has Maddie started preschool yet?

How is the unpacking coming?

Have you started job searching yet?

Shelley August 27, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

I vote for letting him be in the band! I was in the band all through jr and high school and college. I made some of my best friends and some of my best memories all because of band.

Glad things are looking up for all the kids!

Gail August 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

I'm glad things are going well for the kiddos. What is mom doing to make new friends in WY?

Christina August 28, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

It sounds like day 2 went much much better - praise God. I am right there with you in this, I am praying constantly for my kids to make good friends and find their place in their new schools. I think it's the scariest part of the whole move for all of us.

Kathy and Matt August 28, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

I'm glad to hear that things went better on the second day. It sounds like football, and perhaps band, will be great ways for Alek to build some friendships.

I haven't visited any blogs for awhile and just saw your post with Maddie singing as you drove across country. LOVED it! She just brings a smile to my face.

Tina in CT August 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Wondering how Day 3 went? I also want to know if you have met anyone? Are the kids cruising the neighborhood yet? What about the school bus stop? We need a picture of your view.

MamaPoRuski August 28, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

O wow, sorry I missed the first day! We had open house tonight for the boys to meet their new teachers so hopefully first day next Tuesday isn't too bad...HUGS!

adoptedthree August 30, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

Kids are so adapting they will do great and make many friends. Football will be a great bonding experience with his teammates! It will all work out.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP