Powered by Blogger.

one out of three...

Friday, August 22, 2008

STINKS!
The optimist in me was going to say something like, "isn't so bad"...but then the stressed, sleep-deprived, pessimist in me raised her ugly head.
So do you want to guess which of the three comforts of civilization we now have?
Here are your choices...

A. Internet
B. Satellite TV
or...
C. Phone

The answer is...
C - Phone - The one I didn't really need or want was turned on early this morning.
As for the satellite TV - the guy called in sick this morning so I now have to wait a whole week before they can hook us up. Do you know what it's like to live in a house with four kids who have just moved to a new neighborhood and don't know anyone at all, who can't find any of their toys because they are still packed away in boxes AND who haven't watched ANY TV at all for a week?
Yea.
It's not pretty.
And the UPS man has yet to deliver my internet box.
UGH!
The good news is I have a view. A gorgeous view.
If I go out into the middle of my street and look in either direction I can see mountains. Big mountains. Mountains that only take 10 minutes to get to.
We may go to those mountains this weekend.
And oh yea...it was only 75 degrees yesterday...and 46 degrees overnight.
And we have the only Wal-Mart that I know of with a view. I really need to take a picture of it for you. It's amazing that as I get out of my mom-mobile at Wally World I have a view people pay millions of dollars for.
So while I don't have all the comforts of modern living (although I do have a dish washer for the first time in my married life - I am taking comfort in that) I do have a view.
A pretty view.
One that I will share with you AS SOON AS THE UPS MAN SHOWS UP!!!!!

5 salty messages:

Gail August 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

You are awfully blessed to have a view (and a neighbor you can pilfer internet from).

Tina in CT August 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

How about DVDs from the local library (free) for the kids until you have the satelite hooked up? They also can check out games and books too.

Are there kids in the neighborhood? Nearby park? School playground? Good places to meet kids.

I can't wait to see your view.

Good idea to take a break and head for the mts. over the weekend.

I'm off to a 6 pm - midnight scrapbook crop at the local scrapbook store.

Carrie August 22, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

I'm glad there are things to be thankful for! Views make life nice.

Now, about that Walmart. I'll bet that I can compete with you on Walmart with the best view... http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1428/844522631_db8c9fe184.jpg?v=0

:)

Tina in CT August 22, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

What a view from that Wal-mart. What state? Mine looks out on a busy two lane road and some trees and other businesses.

Kathy and Matt August 23, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

I can imagine the daily conversations about TV. I think one of the other commentors had a good idea...rent DVDs?

Hopefully some time in the mountains (if you go) will help them burn off some energy.

Hang in there, school starts soon!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP