Powered by Blogger.

we're heeeeere

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A quick note to let you know we arrived safe and sound.
We're living out of boxes right now...trying really hard to keep our sanity and sense of humor.
We have no phone, no t.v., no internet.
I'm only able to post right now by sitting next to the window in the living room with the laptop perched on my lap, with my tongue hanging out and my left arm over draped over my head.'
Okay, it's not quite that bad, but I am having to pilfer someone's wireless internet here in the neighborhood. I hope they don't mind.
It will be Friday before I get any of our services hooked up. So not too much longer before we rejoin the land of the living.
When I do get 'real' internet back I'll be sure to post pics of the new place.
In the meantime, keep being good...and send me comments. I need comments!
And MamaPoRuski...stop the crazy dancing! You'll get me in trouble with the new neighbors! ;>)

15 salty messages:

DoveFamily August 20, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Yippee, you made it!! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun stories to share with us about your road trip :)

Diana August 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Welcome to the wild west! Happy pilfering and unpacking. I can't wait to read your post addressing the subject of "I can't believe we hauled all this stuff across the country! Is there a reason I didn't just junk this before we moved?" :-)

Rachael August 20, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

glad you made it safely! happy unboxing.

Courtney August 20, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

I'm so excited for you! I love the chaos of moving (especially when it's not me!). ;)

Tina in CT August 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

The big questions are:

1. How does Shad like the new house, neighborhood and town?
2. Ditto for the kids.

So happy to hear that you all arrived safely. The boxes will take time so don't despair. Put the kids' boxes in their rooms and let them unpack. You can always organize the things later but for the meantime, they will have their toys and clothes.

Hopefully you can take some time before you start job hunting.

Sarah Halter August 20, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Congratulations! I know there's a lot of work yet, but it must feel good to have arrived and begin to get settled!

Elaine August 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Don't you just love random strangers who don't know how to lock down their wireless? It keeps me sane when we travel. Not that we travel a lot . . . I think I need a vacation. Anyway, glad you are safe and sound. Hopefully everything continues to go well from here.

Gail August 20, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

So good to hear from you and that you made it. Do they even have tv and internet in Wyoming? I thought when your family moved there the population would double. LOL
Gail

Tina in CT August 20, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

That's a hoot that you are camped out by the window to tag onto your neighbor's wireless.

Ceeseelee August 21, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

I am so glad you made it safely. Godspeed with all of your unpacking, hooking up, school registration, etc. I hope all of the details work out smoothly. Praying for you.

Kevin and Krista August 21, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

I think I spent half my time in Ukraine in that position. ;)

Glad you are there and safe.

:) Krista

Kathy and Matt August 21, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Glad to hear you are all there safely. Loved the image of you with your tongue out, left arm up, LOL!

Hang in there!

The Cunninghams August 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

Congratulations! It’s great that your neighbors are generous enough to have wireless internet with out a password! It must be a housewarming present. Glad your HOME!

Stacey G.,  August 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Hello from NY, what a beautiful family you have. I also adopted my 3 children. My son Dima was sdopted in 02' and is now 7, Sasha was adopted in 04' and now 5, and Maya was adopted in 07' she is now 2. She was adopted from Guatemala.. I would love to share my webpage with you. Please email me at mockba0204@optonline.net
Hope to hear from you soon..

Anonymous,  August 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

Hey, Tammy. I just had to come to your blog and tell you that there is some very harsh comments on a News website and I would like to see all the people whos blogs I read go over there and leave positive comments about adoption and why we should help orphans in other countries and not just the US. I don't have a blog but I check all the blogs on your list almost everyday. So here's what I'm talking about: HEidi and Felix have a youtube video on their page. After watching it I followed the link he has on his page for UOO. There is a link on the UOO website for a written version of the story on the News website. You can view the comments on that site. I think the comments will enrage you, they enraged me and I'm not adoption parent. Hey, you are gonna be living in that state so, you have more of a right to comment than I do and you have a page that lots of people read so you could let lots of people know fast and you're a writer so you can say it way better than me. Sheryl in NC

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP