Powered by Blogger.

19 years ago today...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

...I married the man of my dreams.
Meshack is my confidant...
my rock....
my best friend.
Little did I realize on that gorgeous September day in 1989, just how much life would throw at us...and how thankful I would be to have him at my side.
Meshack has stuck by me through thick and thin.
We've weathered living below the poverty level...
Working three jobs a piece...
Seven years of working weekends...
Eight years of off and on infertility treatments...
Ten years of college...
Sixteen years of living away from our family...
Nineteen years of snoring...
And over 24 years of PMS!
He agonized with me through the battle with infertility...
and then flew around the world with me four times to find our children, despite a fear of flying and a propensity for air sickness.
He held my hand as we watched the orphanage staff bring our oldest son down the stairs to us...and then four short years later handed me a Kleenex as Q-ball walked into his kindergarten room.
He held the barf bag for me as I came out from anesthesia after knee surgery...worked with me to rehab the knee and still scolds me into taking better care of it.
He's driven me to the emergency room at three in the morning as I battled a stomach ulcer...stopping every five minutes so I could upchuck on the side of the road.
He's endured buying female supplies...
And survived the embarrassment of the price check.
He laughs at my bad jokes...
Thinks I can sing alright...
and calls me a great writer.
He is the most amazing father a child could ask for...
He always finds the time to play, read or just snuggle up to watch a movie.
He's not afraid to show and tell his kids just how much he loves them.
He is quick to love, slow to anger...
He is a man of integrity...
A man of conviction...
A man of God.
Meshack may be gray around the edges...
A little older...
And a lot wiser...
But he'll always be the boy I fell in love with 24 years ago.

11 salty messages:

DoveFamily September 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Happy Anniversary to both of you :)

Jennifer

MamaPoRuski September 16, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Sweet! Happy Anniversary! God's Blessings for MANY more!

Tina in CT September 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

I'm sure he could write a similar post about his choice of you as his wife.

MoscowMom September 16, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

How beautiful! Happy anniversary!!!!

Christina September 16, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Sounds like you picked a winner! Happy Anniversary - 19 years! WOW! May the next 19 be filled with even more blessings!

Kathy and Matt September 16, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Happy Anniversary!

What a nice tribute!

Ceeseelee September 16, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

Congrats, on 19 years! I remember that day, it really was a beautiful wedding, and that chapel you found was perfect. We've come a long way from BHS haven't we. Who knew all the adventures we would have!

Ally Browning,  September 17, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

Aww Tami, how sweet! I hope someday I have a marriage like yours! I miss you!!

Drew Michelle and Luke Paras September 17, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Hey, it was our anniversary also! We are married 13 years though. Still crazy about my guy too! Isn't it great!

Happy Anniversary!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP