Powered by Blogger.

are ya game?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Okay...here's what I'm thinking.

Since we don't live in the Sunflower State anymore (aka Kansas) does Sunflower Seeds really fit? I suppose we could be transplanted seeds, but the whole analogy gets really muddled and just kind of loses the effectiveness, don't ya think?
I'm leaning heavily toward coming up with something else, but all of my creative energy was zapped last week by the expo.
Soooo.....
Here's where you come in.
I need your help.
I need your creative energy to come up with a snazzy new title.
I'd love to get something really snazzy like...


Too bad they're already taken.
So get those thinking caps on...
I'll be waiting with baited breath.

13 salty messages:

kate September 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Umm...didn't realize your title had anything to do with geography. I just thought you liked sunflowers. And seeds.

Elaine September 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

I'd never put the geography thing together with the title, either. I just thought the sunflowers were an analogy for bright, happy, joyful people, and the seeds were the kids growing into those people. Hmm . . . I'll have to see if I can get creative though. I don't know if my sister reads your blog. I'll have to tell her you like her title (Mixed Nuts).

adoptedthree September 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

I thought it was because of the beautiful sunflower fields grown in Ukraine (not sure about Russia).

By the way feel free to add my new blog to your blogroll (if you want).

http://thecabbagepatchkids.blogspot.com/

Missy September 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Maddie is still a sunflower seed though right? Isn't Ukraine a big sunflower producer?? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Debbie September 17, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

I didn't know it had anything to do with your state, either. I remember when you had sunflowers on your blog.

mixednutsblog September 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

Wow, thanks for the compliment! I had to laugh when Elaine told me, though, since I have been considering changing my blog name.

For what it is worth, I really like the sunflower imagery. Of course, this is coming from someone who has a yellow kitchen with sunflower stuff decorating it. They are just such a cheerful flower--one of my favorites.

I'm going to have to stick around and find out more about your family and journey with adoption. I'm also going to have to tell my friend about your blog--she is travelling to the Ukraine next month to adopt two children.

~Katie (aka Mixed Nuts)

MamaPoRuski September 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

LOL! Glad you like the Slava Bogu title...perhaps you could find another profound yet obscure phrase in Russian or Ukrainian...
I LOVE the sunflower seeds, and of course, DUH, didn't know it was the KS connection...I just thought it represented life in some great cosmic way or Ukraine...WY? "Great Skies", "Sage Brush", "Stoned" :)...

Gail September 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

I (obviously) knew where the Sunflower name came from.
Since you're not "in Kansas anymore" how about something from the land of Oz?
Gail
from SW Kansas

mixednutsblog September 17, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Hmmm...

Dropped in Munchkinland?

I tried mixing Oz and WY, but "The Yellowstone Road" and "The Nephrite City" just weren't doing it.

The Pabsts September 17, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Tami,

I have loved your blog since I found it from Mark and Courteny's. Being a Mizzou Tiger, I'm not a huge fan of the sunflower state ;), but I love the title. Your family was started and grown among the giant flowers. Though you've moved, you will always be sunflowers. Even though here in CA we're about as far from MO as we can get in the lower 48, we're still Tigers. Maybe with all the change in your lives lately, this is one thing that should stay the same.

Bethany, pabstadventure.blogspot.com

(If this is a double, I'm sorry. I tried commenting already, but it won't show up.)

Ceeseelee September 18, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Considering your new location how about something to do with tumbleweeds?

nicwilson80 September 21, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

I'll I'm saying is once a Kansan always a Kansan. You can't change the name I think there is some unspoken law.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP