Powered by Blogger.

what's done is done

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The expo was a roaring success. Women started lining up at the door, in the pouring rain 45 minutes before it opened and didn't stop coming all day.
I think we broke our attendance record.
Everyone says they had a great time.
I did too. The week was crazy, but fun.
Lots of work.
Lots of food.
Lots of friends.
Lots of exercise.
I think I walked more in the last 48 hours than I have in YEARS.
And do you remember the shoe from last year?
This year it was three HUGE purses.
Jackie outdid herself again.
The only thing to mar the week was when I realized I am now officially unemployed.
My days as an event coordinator/journalist are complete. After four years of planning the largest party the women in St. Joseph have ever seen, I am done.
I pulled into the driveway last night, relieved to finally be home, but also feeling a little bittersweet over the fact I may never again have this opportunity.
Yea. I know.
I'm complicated that way.
In one breath I want the satisfaction and dare I say ego-boost of hearing all the praise about an event that I have planned...
And in the next I want nothing more than to stay home with my kids...
Well, I'm getting to try the second option, at least for the next few weeks.
Let's see how it goes, shall we?


8 salty messages:

Rachael September 16, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

I'm sure you will excel at your new adventure of stay-at-home mom too! Try to enjoy.

(Those purses look cool, btw!) And, hey, I guess it's good to leave your job with a bang and a good lasting impression!

Tina in CT September 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

What was the event? I'm clueless.

You must be beat after your week and I bet Shad is too after having the kids all week.

Hopefully you can catch up on your sleep and tackle unpacking this week with Maddie.

Tami September 16, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

The expo is a all day women's event full of shopping, food and entertainment. We held it at our local civic center and it was a blast. For more information check out our website at www.josephinelive.com

Tina in CT September 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Thanks Tami. I'll check it out tonight.

Elaine September 16, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Ah, yes, not many ego boosts for the SAHM. I'm also complicated that way. :)

Tina in CT September 16, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

I tried to go to the website and got an error message.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

since you were back in your old territory did you visit your old house or neighborhood, or have you already sold it to someone else?

Tami September 17, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

No, we haven't even put it on the market yet. We still have some stuff sitting there that we have to get out, soon. I did go back to the house and do some work to get it ready. It was incredibly sad to leave that final time. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss that place.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP