Powered by Blogger.

california girl

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I have a tendency to talk to myself while I'm driving. Nothing too serious, just little comments and suggestions here and there to other drivers I meet along the way.

You know. Stuff like...
"Hey buddy! It's green!"
or...
"Your car is equipped with a turn-signal, ya know."
and my personal favorite...
"Did you really pass driver's ed?"
I try to keep it low key and honestly try to remember to keep the comments to myself when the kids are in the car, BUT still it shouldn't have surprised me the other day during heavy traffic to hear a little 4-year-old voice from the backseat say...
"Hey! Doooooo! Mooooooo!'
Good thing I keep it rated G! ;>)

6 salty messages:

The Pabsts October 20, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

I do the same thing, and get comments like that, too. Most other drivers around me are "dude" or "buddy," too. My favorite is my 3 year old telling his Dad, after they were hit by someone else, "Daddy, you shouldn't crash into cars." And then, the next day, "If a car is going to crash you, you should use the honker button and it will turn left." We'll see how well he takes his own advice in a few years. Backseat drivers are great, yea? Maddie sure has caught on to American culture!

Diana October 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

That is too funny!

I left a comment response to yours on my blog - just wanted to make sure you saw it!

Elaine October 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

That reminds me of the time a truck nearly ran me off the road so I honked my horn and said "Stupid truck!" My oldest was not quite two, and every time I (accidentally) honked the horn after that she would say, "Toopid tuck!"

Old DAN AND Little ANN October 20, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

Little back seat driver in training...cute!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP