Powered by Blogger.

too much

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I don't really know where to begin. There is so much to say, but my thoughts are a jumbled mess. My dad called last night to tell me, my cousin, Me- was killed in a car accident yesterday afternoon.
Unbelievable.
The devastating thing is her family has already dealt with death too many times before. This just heaps burning coals on an already gaping wound.
Her mother, my first-cousin, has planned too many funerals. At just 11 years of age her youngest son died inexplicably. He was running around the gym one minute and was gone the next.
And just 60 days ago her husband died. Again, unexpectedly.
Now this.
M- leaves behind a husband and two young daughters who were in the car with her and were life flighted to area hospitals. As of this afternoon the four year old is doing pretty well, the one year old is stable, but has some pretty serious injuries.
Please pray for C- and her only remaining child Mi- and Me's husband. We have an incredibly closely knit extended family, who will gather around them and support them, but what they really need right now is to feel the comfort of their Heavenly Father.

20 salty messages:

jessy October 29, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Debbie October 29, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

Oh my goodness. There are no words to say other than I will hold your family up in prayer. He is the Comforter. Big hugs to you.

MamaPoRuski October 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

O Tami! I stopped by to say something cute and silly, to find this post...I am so sorry! Prayig for you and yours today! {HUGS}

Amy K-S crew October 29, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

Hey Tami, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin! It's devastating! We'll be praying for them, we know it's the best thing we can do for you and them right now!

Diana October 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about this tragic loss. That would be a blow to any family. I pray for peace and healing for your family as you work through this difficult time.

3D October 29, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

I am so, so sorry for you and your families loss.

teresa October 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

So sad. I talked to Christie this morning,and we are all still in shock. She talked about how we are all intertwined in so many ways. Mom took care of C and C when they were little. They played with and baby sat for us when we were little. We watched the three M's and babysat when they were little and Me baby sat for both my kids and Chrisite's when they were little. My girls love Me's girls and love to play with them. Now part of that is missing and it is heartbreaking for all of us. At our house S- is having a hard time; It think it means revisiting grief from the past, lots of it. With J- losing his mom this summer and E- on September 5th, everything is so fresh and hard for a seven year old to understand; it is hard for an adult to understand. I wanted to IM you yesterday when I found out, but I got hugely busy and had to go. I hope you are doing OK. We need lots of prayers.

Kathy and Matt October 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

I am so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

mixednutsblog October 29, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Chad and Tara October 29, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Tami, I'm so sorry about all of this. Words cannot express the sympathy I feel. I will pray that God will comfort and touch your whole family in a special way. He is the only one who can bring good from all of this, which He promises to do. Give those 2 little girls hugs from Indiana.

Tara

The Pabsts October 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Much love and peace to you and your family, and healing in body and spirit.

Rachael October 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

What sad news. So sorry to hear.

Anonymous,  October 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

i can't imagine what your cousin must be going through,and how brave she is going to have to be to get through all of this,but if she leans on God He will hold her up.my thoughts are with you

Tina in CT October 30, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

I find all of this so hard to explain but WHY? Why is so much grief piled on one family? My thoughts go out to you and your family at this tragic loss.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana October 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Thinking and praying for you and your family.-Michelle

Elaine October 31, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

I am so, so sorry. I can't imagine going through so much loss. Your family is in my prayers.

John & Lucia November 2, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Tami, I haven't been online for a couple of days and saw your news. I am so sorry for your family's loss. Praying that you find comfort in the prayers and thoughts of family and friends.

mrsbroccoliguy November 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Oh my gosh Tami, this is horrible. Just horrible. I am so sorry for your whole family. I will be praying for Me-'s husband and children and for the rest of you as you grieve and give them comfort.

Nataliya November 4, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Oh, I'm so sorry about your loss... My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Tony and Lisa Venskyy November 30, 2008 at 1:08 AM  

this is so horrible.. i am devastated to hear what happened.. my prayers are with you and your family.. God Bless

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP