Powered by Blogger.

weeeee are the champions...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

They won!
It wasn't easy, but they did it.
Alek got to play a little bit, but because they never did get more than a touchdown lead, his playing was limited to kickoffs and the occasional injury substitution. He was a bit disappointed, until he saw his trophy. ;>)

We had lots of family come up for Alek's game...a first. My family has seen him play a handful of baseball games, but Shad's family hadn't seen a single one. What a treat!
We made a little party out of it.
I fixed way too much chili and potato soup and tons of other cold weather, comfort foods.
And the kids got to have pop! They were in heaven. ;>) (Yes, I deprive my kids of sugar-water unless, of course, its a special occasion.)
We're in a bit of a extra-curricular slump right now. I limit the kids to one extra activity a piece (with the exception of AWANA) Football was taking up so much of our time, I don't know what we'll do with our afternoons now.
But I'm sure we'll think of something. ;)

5 salty messages:

Tina in CT October 27, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Yeah! Alex's team won. How special that the family could come see his game and enjoy the party afterwards. Too bad he didn't get to play more but there's always next fall.

Do any of your kids play soccer or lacrosse? Pretty soon it'll be basketball season.

I bet Alex hated to have to turn his uniform.

Elaine October 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Woo hoo! Congrats on the big win! And you can tell your kids you're not the only mom who saves pop for special ocassions -- my kids almost never get it either.

Heidi October 28, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Congrats on the WIN!
(and my kids don't get soda that much either)
:)

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana October 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

I love seeing the joy on their faces when they get those trophies! Great job Alek!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP