Powered by Blogger.

what goes around, comes around

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My head hurts.

My neck is sore.
My throat feels like it has an ice pick in it.
Every muscle aches...
And I'm sitting on my bed, with a heating pad in my lap because I'm freezing! I'm sure I have a fever.
And this isn't the first time this month I've felt this way. This is round two for me. Shad, Maddie and I have been passing it around for the last several weeks, but miraculously Alek, Anya and Nick have all avoided the malaise.
I'm not a bug phobe. Don't get me wrong - we wash our hands and don't drink after each other, but by and large I'm not afraid of my kids catching a cold. If figure its one less bug they'll fight as adults. And honestly, they're all pretty healthy. Until now I haven't really had too much of a problem with a bunch of sick kids...well, unless you count last February after we brought Maddie home...and of course last Christmas when they all got the flu while we were in Ukraine.
Hmmmm....maybe I need to start rethinking my strategy.
Thankfully, I have my bag of Strawberry cough drops, a bottle of advil, my heating pad and NyQui! at the ready. I'd have a bag of M&Ms on my nightstand if it sounded the least bit yummy. (Yea...weird I know. When did chocolate EVER not sound good! ;>) Maybe I'll save it and mix it with a bag of popcorn when I recover. Another day or so and I should be back to my old self.
Unless of course someone decides to pass me another bug.

5 salty messages:

Tina in CT October 28, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

We are getting flu shots at work in mid Nov. which I think if very late.

Hope it's only a 24 hour bug that you have.

Diana October 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

I'm right there with you, my friend. Matthew brought home a nasty bug, coughed all over us, and now we're all sick and tired of being sick and tired. Welcome to our western flu bugs!

Tina in CT October 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Hope you and your bug have parted company!

Ceeseelee November 1, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

I am sorry you are not feeling well, I hope you are up and around again soon. It's been a hard week hasn't it. It's one of those times that I really wish I could be home for a few days. I also wanted to tell you that M&M's and popcorn mixed together are on of my all time favorites. Maybe it's hereditary. Since I can't get M&M's here, I am looking forward to indulging when I get home. Sometimes I throw in some Hot Tamales for good measure. ;P

Elaine November 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Hope you feel better soon. Hmm . . . I'm so behind on blog reading . . . maybe this post is days old and you already feel better? I hope you're feeling better, either way.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP