Powered by Blogger.

flashback friday

Friday, November 7, 2008

Courtney, over at Storing Up Treasures in Heaven, issued a challenge on her website to share the referral pictures of our children. I just couldn't pass it up. I happen to believe I have four of the most beautiful children in the world, so I take advantage of any and all opportunities to share their cute baby pictures. ;>)

ALEK - We didn't get a referral picture of him, we got a video. At first it drove me nuts not having a picture I could carry around with me or put in a frame on my desk. Then a couple of years ago we got a computer that could pull pictures out of the video.
Now I have these precious gems. ;>) ,

The first video was taken when he was about three months old. It's the obligatory n@ked baby video that they were sending out in the late 90s. He's absolutely embarassed by it now, but I love it.
The second video was taken when he was about 10 months old. We were in the middle of our paperchase. Little did we know four very long months later we would have this little guy in our lives.

ANYA - We didn't get a referral for Anya. We had to travel to Russia blind, to meet her. It was horribly scary, but as soon as we met her, we fell in love. Here I am holding her for the first time. ;>)

Nick - Aw, my little Nick. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this picture. I think he looks so adorable in the little pink hat. Shad hates it. He says Nick looked like a girl. I don't care - I think he's a cutie! :) Again, we didn't get a referral for Nick, (We traveled at the same time to get both him and Anya.) so this is our first meeting with the little guy. He wasn't quite 8 months old at the time. He was the youngest of our four at the time of adoption. It was an absolute blessing to be able to experience just a touch of his babyhood. We went to court the day before his first birthday - he's also the only one we were able to share a first birthday with.

Maddie -
Do you remember Maddie's story? How we traveled to Ukraine, got the runaround for three weeks before finally finding this precious girl the day before we left to come back home? If not, PLEASE go to Finding Maddie and start reading Maddie's story. We had such a whirlwind day, the day we finally met Maddie that we didn't get a picture taken. We had to email our facilitator, Lev, and ask him to go back to the orphanage to get a picture for us. This is what he took with his cell phone. I wish we would have had a younger picture of our precious girl, but it wasn't met to be. We never even saw her file at the SDA...incredibly long story - again read Finding Maddie. So we couldn't even ask for a copy of her original in the file. Sigh. I think I need to email Lev and ask him if he could get his hands on it for us. Anyway...a couple of days later we received this picture in our inbox. What a sweet Christmas present it was.

Now it is your turn!
Share your flashback. If you have a referral shot, or just a cute early picture, please share it! Just make sure you leave me a comment with your blog address so we can all come by and see the precious children God has placed in your care.

8 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 7, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Thank so you for posting the pictures and sharing your story. I joined your blog while you were adopting Maddie and am so happy to read some about your other children.

jessy November 7, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Sweet photos. I hope you are able to track down at least one for Maddie. I can't get over how she has grown. WOW!
I took the challenge.

Ceeseelee November 7, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

I couldn't help but think that the picture of Anya looks a lot like baby pictures I have seen of you and your little brother. Especially around the eyes. I think she looks a lot like LS, except she doesn't have the curly hair. Isn't it intresting how God brings people together.

Ceeseelee November 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

By the way, I've always thought that Alek looks like his dad.

Wife to the Rockstar November 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

What a BEAUTIFUL family you have. I love your referral photos. Now I am going to read Maddie's story!

Colette November 8, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Maybe it's just me but I see a lot of baby Alek in Maddie!

Karya November 8, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

They are all beautiful! I really love the n@ked baby pics. (-:

Debbie November 10, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

I love this walk down memory lane! Your children are all adorable and precious.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP