Powered by Blogger.

friday night ice

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back to back nights of spending one on one time with my kids.

I love it!
Last night, Anya and I went skating.
Actually, she went skating.
I watched. They didn't have skates in my size.
No...really!
Our new friends' church sponsored a free skating night at the rink...and there were TONS of people. So many, that they ran out of skates. Anya was lucky to get a pair that halfway fit.
Since I didn't have any skates, Heather's husband Chris took Anya around a few times to get her started...and then she TOOK OFF! The girl can skate! :)
After a few times around she ditched the 'walker' and tried it on her own.
I'm so proud of her.
Here are a few pictures of our evening...and for your entertainment pleasure I've included a video of something I'm SURE you don't see everyday...an ice skating cowboy.
He had the leather vest, flannel shirt, bandana around the neck, handlebar mustache and wide brimmed hat. The only thing missing were the Nocona boots...and I'm sure they were waiting for him in his locker.
And he wasn't the only one. There were no less than five cowboys out there gliding across the frozen water.
Some days I am convinced we are living on the set of a wild west movie. :)

video

4 salty messages:

Svetlana November 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

I love ice skating. Anna is been waiting when she can go, so far we don't have permission from our DR. to do any sports :-(
We hopping it will be soon :-)

Tina in CT November 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Oh, I wish my computer would let me see the video. Can't imagine an ice rink that doesn't have a full assortment of skate sizes. Maybe more family ice skating is in your family's future. I'm sure the ponds will soon be frozen too for outdoor skating. I skated on frozen ponds all the time growing up and one winter my blades fell off as I went so much. It was a cold winter with not much snow so perfect for pond skating. Too bad my Tami is not there to teach Anya skating.

Rachael November 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

That's funny about the cowboy. My dad (from Muskogee, OK) is a cowboy too. I don't think I ever saw him without his hat or boots growing up. He has the mustache too, and he even has a leather belt with his name on the back and a moving spur on the buckle! I don't imagine he'd ever get on ice skates though! lol.

MamaPoRuski November 22, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

I have never seen the ice walkers! I wonder if they have them at the rink near us for Z to try? HMMM? Got me a thinkin' cowgirl Tami! Much ablidged and I thank ye!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP