Powered by Blogger.

happy halloween

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I have to admit, Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays, but its one of Shad's...so I play along.
I usually try to do it up right - I even MADE a costume for Alek when he was two. Yea, I know. I sewed and everything! Scary, huh?! ;>)
But this year we didn't have a dime to spare on storebought costumes, and there wasn't time to drag out the sewing machine, so we got creative.
We just pulled stuff out of our closets, and I think they turned out pretty good.
The kids seemed fine with their costume options, not saying a word about not having a store-bought costume this year. (Maddie's was a hand-me-down from the Nick baby era). I was pretty proud of them.
Maddie LOVED Halloween.
Shad said she told everyone 'love you too' when they would give her candy...and at several stops Alek had to keep her from grabbing the whole bowl. But by the end of the night she had the idea - a
ll you have to do is walk up to the door, open your bag and say 'trrreeee', and you get candy.
For a four year old it doesn't get much better than that!
After they made the rounds in the neighborhood, the kids (and Shad) ran home, trapsed into the living room and dumped their loot on the floor.
'Whoa, what are you doing," I asked. 'You're not eating that all tonight!'
"Oh, no, Mom. It's time for a candy summit.'
'Ohhhh,' I said.
'This way we can make sure we all can have candy like.'
Now that's planning.

10 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Store bought costumes are so cheap and flimsy and I prefer ones that are put together, sewed or constructed. Your kids look great in their costumes.

jessy November 1, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Maddie is precious in that pumpkin suit!

Rachael November 1, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Looks like you did a pretty good job pulling out the costumes!

Kristina November 1, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Love the kids costumes, they all looked awesome. Maddie indeed looked adorable.
You aren't alone, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, I just put on a face for everyone :)

Susan November 2, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Dear Tammi,

I just now read about your family's tragic loss of your dear cousin, and wanted to let you know that you will all be in my prayers. I am glad that the older little girl is recovering physically, and it sounds as if the baby will eventually be all right, too, thankfully. But so much sadness...

Your extended family is fortunate to have you as such a caring part of it. No doubt the support and understanding you are offering will be a comfort to them during this very sad time.

On a happier note, I think homemade costumes are the best by far! Your children look so cute, and I love your account of the great candy summit(s). What a wonderful family tradition!

Very best wishes,
Susan in Ky
Cousin to Two from Ukraine

Nataliya November 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

Hi there - the kids look AWESOME!!!Happy Halloween!

Annette November 2, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

What a cute lineup. Very creative with making the costumes...my parents never believed in bought costumes, so till this day we still make our own if we dress up!

Christine November 3, 2008 at 1:07 AM  

Great costumes! Maddie looks so cute!

kate November 3, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

We *loved* the candy trading that followed Halloween each year. It went on for weeks.

Elaine November 4, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

I just love the candy summit idea! The kids look great!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP