Powered by Blogger.

help wanted

Monday, November 24, 2008

Today was a much quieter day...
No foreign objects in mouths...no life-threatening injuries...no comments to make milk shoot out your nose.
I kinda missed that last one.
Nope...for me, it was a quiet day of sending out resumes, doing phone interviews and scouring the internet for jobs.
Mondays and Wednesdays are MY days.
I have the mornings all to myself, and I take advantage of it.
Last Wednesday it was an uninterrupted shower.
Today it was the great job search.
I'm sure its the same everywhere. There are NO jobs here in Wyoming. At least none I'm qualified for. And the ones I AM qualified for...and might I say, highly qualified for...I'm not even getting called on for an interview.
It's so frustrating!
So when I DO get an interview, it feels like a big deal.
Yesterday was my first interview in three months of searching.
Don't get too excited. It was a phoner...more of a weeding out of resumes than anything. He said he would call next week if I make the cut of five finalists.
Sigh.
I'm not sure I really want that job anyway. It's a TV job, which would be great. Its been eight years since I've worked in TV news...and I miss it.
BUT...
I would have to drive an hour each way...through a mountain pass. Yea. Not fun, especially in the winter. I don't mind the two hours to myself, but heaven forbid gas prices skyrocket again. And it would be two more hours I wouldn't have with the kids.
IF I get offered the job, we'll have to take a serious look at whether it will be worth it.
Shad is finally coming around to my way of thinking. He's talking about part-time jobs I can do while Maddie is in preschool.
Sounds good to me. I sent a resume off yesterday for a job that sounds like it might be a good fit.
Of course I may be waiting awhile for the interview.

1 salty messages:

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana November 28, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Part time would be perfect. I hope you get the job you are looking for without the 2 hour commute!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP