Sunday, November 9, 2008
1. That we now live closer to my family. Yesterday we watched my nephew play in the state football semi-final game. They lost...but it was great to watch him play. It was a first.
2. For high-speed internet. What did I do in the days before I had high-speed? I never would have been able to keep up with everyone's blogs with dial-up.
3. That Maddie is home. Last year at this time we were getting ready to go find her. Now, a year later, its so nice to have her home and enjoying so many firsts. First Halloween. First Thanksgiving...and first Christmas - at least with us. How fun! :)
4. I don't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner! For the first time in several years we will be eating with family for Thanksgiving. AND I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!
5. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Enough said.
6. Hair dye. I just wish I could have someone do it for me. I used a new brand this month and Shad says I look like one of those Russian/Ukranian babushkas who dye their hair purple! ;P
7. My dishwasher. Shad and I have been married almost 20 years and this is the first time I have had a dishwasher. Can I just say...I. LOVE. IT! ;>)
8. A husband who is a great father. Shad is an incredible Dad...I couldn't ask for better.
9. A free oil change. I got a great coupon in the mail today for a free oil change...the same day the oil change light came on in the Mom-mobile. How awesome is that?!
10. For sleep. Isn't it a marvelous thing? Why in the world do we try to fight it as kids? What I wouldn't give to be able to take a nap while Maddie is taking a nap.