Powered by Blogger.

mmmmm......cookies

Friday, November 14, 2008

This is what we woke up to this morning.
Snow.
We've had snow every morning for the last week.
I love it! Yea. Sick, I know. But there is something about the first few snows of the season that are so refreshing.
Anyway...
It put me in the mood for baking.
So...
We had fun this afternoon.
I let go of my Type A personality for just a little while and had the kids help me make cookies.

All four of them have been asking lately if they can help in the kitchen...usually when it involves a hot stove. Instead of risking third degree burns, I decided to start out with something basic...
and yummy!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.
Can I get an MMMMMmmmmm?!
I LOVE these cookies, but for some reason I never make them except during the holidays.
Today we got an early start on the holidays. ;>)

4 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

I also love snow and winter. I could never move South. I just hate the heat and humidity.

Those cookies are delicious. I don't have sugar now so they are a distant memory.

Bethany November 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Mmmmmm...holiday cookies. We have a ton of apples, so we may make a pie today, but it sure doesn't feel like the holidays. After a few days of highs in the 60s (fall-like around here) we're back to several days of 90 degrees. It was already 80 by 9:00 this morning. California can be so frenetic sometimes. Maybe we'll do other stuff to make it feel like the holidays. I must say, I'm a little bit jealous.

Svetlana November 16, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

We love snow. Here we get only 3-4 days of it in whole year. BUt being from Russia i missed so much, so make trips to the mountaun to play. This year they promising more snow, so we are waiting :-)
Holyday cookies mmmmmmmmm

mrsbroccoliguy November 18, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

I love peanut butter kiss cookies!
We had tiny whirling flakes of snow today, but nothing sticking. Probably just as well because I love snow but I get sick of it fast and it's only November. But it sure does a good job getting me in the mood for Christmas!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP