Powered by Blogger.

one year ago...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shad and I have been doing a lot of reminiscing lately...talking about all of the last minute errands, packing and emotions of a year ago.
Three-hundred sixty-five days ago tomorrow we began the journey to find our little girl.
It was the day Shad and I finally headed out to
find Maddie.
Its hard to believe its been a year. In a way it seems like a lifetime since we 'lived' in Kiev...and yet it seems like just yesterday we were riding with the
crazy cab driver through the streets of the capital city.

I've been reading Finding Maddie lately. I'm getting ready to publish Maddie's story with Blurb, and the process has forced me to revisit the emotions of the paper chase, waiting and finally the trip. Its amazing how raw and at the same time how far removed those emotions are.
A year ago, someone was missing. We felt led to go to Ukraine to find our final family member...a little girl we did not know the name of but chose to call Maddie; a child we had never met, but yet already loved as our own.
A year later our family is whole.
I've been wanting to do something special during the next few weeks to celebrate our homecoming and so I've decided to republish my blog entries here on Sage Brush Diaries over the course of the next eight weeks...unedited (except to correct spelling! :) but with authors notes about what we were experiencing and thinking during the process.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
I think it will be a learning process for all of us.
We get to revisit an incredibly joyful but painful time...experiencing the highs and lows...but with the insight only time can provide.
I hope you'll join me during the next eight weeks...and leave me comments. Let me know what you think. If you weren't with me from the very beginning this will give you some insight into what we went through (and what didn't we go through, really?!) to find Maddie. And if you were with me, I hope it will remind you of all God did for us during this awesome and trying time.
The journey starts tomorrow.
Enjoy.

0 salty messages:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP