Powered by Blogger.

saying goodbye

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Its been a month since my cousin, Melissa died in the crash, but for her immediate family the pain is still very real.
Her daughters are now out of the hospital and are getting stronger every day...so the family felt it was time to say goodbye. We will leave in a little while for her funeral and I am anticipating a pretty rough day.
Shad and I will be taking all of the children with us to the service. None of them (except for Maddie) have been to a funeral before, so I'm sure they will have a lot of questions.
They will also be meeting a TON of family members they have never even seen before.
When we lived in Kansas, we didn't make it back much...and when we did, we concentrated on seeing our immediate family.
I have a LARGE family.
I'm a little worried about all four of them getting over-stimulated.
So between the funeral, the questions and the risk of meltdowns, we're feeling a little vulnerable.
Could you pray for us?

10 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 29, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

You have a tough day ahead. Thinking of you.

Diana November 29, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

May you be blessed with strength and peace. Saying goodbye is never any fun. Many blessings to your family during this difficult time.

Carolynn and Steve November 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

You are totally in my prayers. May God hold you very close to His heart and fill you with His peace. May he give you the right words to say, and the strength to survive loving, well-meaning, but sometimes frustrating families.

Audrey November 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Praying for your family today.

Svetlana November 29, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

HI, We defently will be praying for you and your family.
Sveta

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana November 29, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

I am so sorry for your families loss but glad to hear the girls are out of the hospital and doing better physically. Prayers to you and your family....

Jill November 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Praying for comfort for you & your family.

Troy and Rachel November 30, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

I am a day late, but I am praying. I am sorry for your family's loss.

Elaine November 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

I'm late reading, so I guess it's too late, but I hope it all went as well as could be hoped.
Also, glad you and the kids enjoyed the Rolo recipe!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP