Powered by Blogger.

tales from the kids' side

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday morning at the breakfast table...
'Dad,' Nick said. 'Maddie brushed her own teeth this morning.'
'Oh, really,' said Shad. 'That's nice.'
'Yea, Dad. And she used the new toothpaste.'
Silence.
'New toothpaste?'
'Yea, Dad. This one.'
Nick ran to the bathroom and brought back a blue tube...
It wasn't toothpaste.
Maddie had brushed her teeth with Hydrocortosone cream.
Can I just say, I LOVE having a doctor in the house?
It saves me from nervous breakdowns.
---------------------------
Tonight right before bedtime, Maddie decided Nick needed help with his puzzle. So while Shad and I were downstairs (Shad watching TV, I was doing laundry), she climbed up on the kitchen table to help.
She immediately fell off, hitting her nose on a kitchen chair, before slamming her head on the linoleum floor. (Thank goodness it wasn't tile.)
Those four years of undergrad and four years of vet school are paying off today.
---------------------
Finally, an Anya story...
Anya and her dad were talking about marriage (Anya's favorite topic right now) when Anya said...
'Hey Dad! Did you know Ms. S and Mr. Mountain (teachers) went out to eat the other day with her kids?'
'Hmmm...I thought Ms. S was married.'
'Oh no, Dad. She's not married. She's baptized.'

6 salty messages:

MamaPoRuski November 24, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Ewww and Ouch!
Baptized? LOL! C is fascinated with marriage too! For the longest time thought he had to marry every lady that he knew that was still single...now he's upset he can't marry his cousin! Maybe the Anya and he should get together LOL!

Bethany November 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Hilarious. I love Nick's laissez faire attitude to his sister's hygiene routine. And sometimes linoleum is the best flooring option out there. A.J. is often bitten by the marriage bug, only he gets concerned, thinking that he should already know who he's going to marry (and he thinks he'll marry at 12.)

jessy November 24, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

You are not alone. One of the kids brushed with antifungal cream once.
I don't hear much about marriage from Abby, but I was worried for several weeks last spring when they brought home (and kept repeating)this saying from the playground:

"Kiss me now, marry me later."

WHAAAAAT??!!! I don't think so!

The Peterson's November 24, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

What a beautiful family. We have two boys from Russia (03) and a girl from Ukraine (08). We love to see other families built through adoption.

Carlee November 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Oh my goodness, my Juliana and your Maddie have way too much in common. Way too much because Juliana is only 2, and now I have a glimpse of what is to come.

Tina in CT November 25, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

EEEEWWWWWW! Not great tasting toothpaste.

I remember in college when my roommate sprayed her hair with her deodorant and under her arms with her hairspray.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP