Powered by Blogger.

this, that and the other thing

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have a few odds and ends filling my post queue so I thought I would cram them all into one big post. Hope ya'll don't mind.

CREME DE LA CREME


Mel over at Stirrup Queens has an annual list. A bloggy list. A list that celebrates all stages of infertility. Since we are infertility survivors I decided to join in on the fun.
The way you get on the list is to send Mel a link of what you think your best blog is over the course of the last year. Not what others may think is your best. What YOU think is the best.
And then she publishes it.
Its not a contest...you're not going UP against anybody. Its just a celebration of all the blogs devoted to infertility, adoption, IVF, etc.
Cool, huh?
So, anyway...I sent over a couple of links. From Finding Maddie I sent the post 'Rough and Tumble' and from Sunflower Seeds I sent Shattered Security.
You should give it a try. Send Mel your favorite.
The list comes out Jan 1.

INSPIRATION AWARD

My friend MamaPoRuski over at Slava Bogu! gave me this award a month ago, and I have been meaning to pass it along...

So I hereby bestow the Journey Inspiration Blog Award to Jessica, Elaine and Christina. These ladies are a huge source of inspiration and encouragement to me on this adoption/parenting journey. Thank you ladies!
And there are so many more of you who I haven't mentioned...I just may hand this one out again! :)

NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT

And finally...some news.
No...we're not adopting again. I can't convince Shad...besides, our checkbook is still reeling from Maddie's adoption, our move this summer and my jobless situation. I doubt there will be any new children in our future.
No, the news is much more...ummm...educational in nature.
I have been invited to join some other bloggers on a political blog. Makes me feel kind of important...especially if you see the caliber of writers I'll be working with. Makes me want to pull a Wayne and Garth and shout, "I'M NOT WORTHYYYYYY."
But I won't.
I'll let you know when I get my first post done. I'm debating a couple of topics, but haven't settled on anything yet although I need to get cracking. My co-bloggers are going to think I'm not holding up my end of the bargain! :)
So for those of you who lean my political way...please come join us at All the News That Fits.
And for those of you who don't share my political bent...that's okay. I still love and respect you.
And I'd love to have you join the conversation.
It takes all kinds to make a democracy go around.

5 salty messages:

jessy November 20, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

I am most honored. I had to click on the link to make sure it would take me to my blog...there are a lot of Jessica's out there, and I've never been given an award! Does this mean I add the nifty train track button to my side panel?

Troy and Rachel November 20, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Your a busy woman!! Congrats on the award! I'll check out the political site too!

mrsbroccoliguy November 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Hey thanks for the award!! So sweet - and I have to say I'm SO thankful to be able journey with you, via blogs - it's been very encouraging to read about your move and adjustment as I go through my own.

And I'm really psyched to work with you on All The News - I think it's quite the coup that we got an awesome writer like you on our team. :-)

Elaine November 25, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

Awwww . . . thanks for the bloggy award. I need to get my bum in gear over on The News as well. I think since the election ended and the holidays are fast approaching, I'm just in some kind of blogging slump.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP